HiTec Auto +1
Old 07-24-2014, 06:35 PM
rgee27
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Tec

Originally Posted by lahmacun
Hi Tec Auto and S Car Go in San Rafael
I've used both in the last 8 years.... You will spend more at S Car Go. Hi Tec has been better in my opinion. Unless you have deep pockets and don't care how much you are spending you can try S Car Go. I took my car in for a no start issue on my 85 Carrera which turned out to be a fuse box issue. I walked out with a $2800. bill for repairs that they said needed attention. They also suggested replacing my motor mounts and new shocks. Rob said he had a customer that was selling a set that he would sell me. I forget how much but they were expensive. It's impressive shop though. Lots of nice cars and race cars. At my next regular scheduled service I decided to take it to Hi Tec. Told what I needed and work was done well and within the estimate. Told them that S Car Go suggested I replace the motor mounts and shocks. He looked at me and shook his head and smiled. He showed me my motor mounts and said they look near new. He then said that my shocks were fine and did not need replacement. I found my Hi Tec experience much better and I can trust them every time I bring my car in for service now.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:01 PM
petonic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jamiew
Another +1 for S Car Go in San Rafael. Not too bad to get back and forth from SF.
+1 for S Car Go as well. I just spent about 90 minutes bull****ting and having Pat at S Car Go fix a missing circlip/rear guide pin for my TT Cab. Pat even explained and showed things to me, and showed me the shop. He obviously has great pride in the shop, and the customers who come there.

So, at the end, the lady in the office walks by and says, "This is on the house. Just bring your car here when you need it."

Amazing. These are how customers for life are created.

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area shops