Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher Race Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:57 PM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok got the pipes in and ran them down at Summit Main last weekend. Here's the feedback but please remember I'm coming off stock exhaust.

1) The wife is REALLY not happy with me.
2)Took some getting use to the sound and I wore earplugs for the first couple of sessions, but actually forgot them a couple of sessions and realized that the helmet provided enough insulation.
3)Sound level actually helped the driving as an audio clue as to what was going on. Particularly helpful on a new track (for me) where my shift points are constantly changing as I picked up pace and tried to figure out what gear I wanted to be in where.
4)The weight off the rear really helped in the carousel down there at Summit. It’s flat - throttle steer all the way around and the car was much more responsive to throttle adjustments. I can’t say I really noticed it in the high speed corners.
5)Throttle response is much better and she does spool up faster. I generally short shift anyway at around 6 just to not punish the car, but did find that she liked the short shift better than running it all the way up to redline.

Verdict is very happy with the pipes and I haven't thrown a CEL yet whilst using the O2 adapters. For a car that spends 90% of it's time on the track and doesn't need to pass emmissions it's a big win.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher Race Pipes