Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need to know about these bad boys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Mattyrae
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
You would be one of the minority unfortunately if you feel the 996 is one of the last classic Porsche's. The majority see the 993 model as the classic "air cooled" Porsche and the 996 is a diversion from the original model and it was made in too great of numbers to be a collectable car - with the exception of possibly the GT2 and GT3 models. The 996TT is a great driver car and one that we can put miles on without worrying too much about damaging the collectability. That is why I bought it. When I was looking at 911 Turbo's I originally wanted a 993TT but decided that because I was going to actually drive it year round I would be better off with the 996TT as to drive a 993TT in the winter and put lots of miles on it would harm the value so much more than a 996TT. In short, people buy the 993TT because it will be a collector car and as such they want them as garage queens. The 996TT will never be a collector car and can be driven a lot without worry.
Hey another RX-7 owner. I have a Tri-Point Engineering Tune on my 1994 RX7 R2. Where do you go for the 3 rotor jobs? Would be cool to have a 450 hp Grand Am Series 3 rotor in my car, like the one Patrick Dempsey's car is running.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:24 AM
6ocyclehum
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What issue of Excellence was this article in? My subscription ran out a few months before, and I'd like to read this. I almost bought a 966TT about two years ago, but decided on a Cayman S instead. Loved it, but just sold it- and am now reconsidering a 966TT.

Quick Reply: What do I need to know about these bad boys?