Clutch safety switch ? help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Clutch safety switch ? help

Hi guys,

I could not start my car, but noticed the click from the clutch safety switch was absent.
I reached under the clutch pedal and saw the micro switch was loose and so I activated the switch with my hand and turned the starter. It worked.

The switch seems to have spun around and is loose. I can't seem to figure out how it is fastened since it is very tight in there.

Does any one have a diagram of how this mounts and gets tight in the correct position ?
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Elliot
Old 07-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohead
Hi guys,

I could not start my car, but noticed the click from the clutch safety switch was absent.
I reached under the clutch pedal and saw the micro switch was loose and so I activated the switch with my hand and turned the starter. It worked.

The switch seems to have spun around and is loose. I can't seem to figure out how it is fastened since it is very tight in there.

Does any one have a diagram of how this mounts and gets tight in the correct position ?
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Elliot
The switch is likely broke so you might consider just buying a new one (they're not that expensive) and with a new one in hand you can figure out how the switch fits and just replace the switch.

OTOH, I'm lazy and don't bend like I used to and getting upside down under a dash is no longer that easy for me anymore, so when I needed a switch replaced in my Boxster when I took the car in for something else I asked the tech if he would mind replacing the switch. He didn't mind and there was no labor charge. I bought the switch from that dealer's parts department though.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

good idea!
thanks

Quick Reply: Clutch safety switch ? help