Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought the Hankook Ventus

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The Hankooks by theory and I say theory, should not be much less then the Pilots, the reason being is the load rating is 1620 on the rears and a little less on the fronts = stiff sidewalls, pretty much the same as the Pilots. I had Pilots and put the Hankooks on and for street use see almost no difference. Probably tracking would be a better indicator. I can say they are quieter then the Pilots. Since handling is limited on the streets it's hard to say. I do a lot of highway driving, and feel pretty secure with quick lane changes on the Hankooks.
Heres a Car and Driver comparison test you may want to read.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...12_evo_page_10
Old 07-01-2011, 12:15 PM
JeremyS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Hankook V12 on 19" wheels, Kumho XS on 18" wheels, and PS2s on 18" wheels. I actually prefer the Hankooks overall for street driving. They are quiet, have good lateral grip, hook up better than the others under acceleration (@560RWHP), and they are awesome in the rain. They do have relatively soft sidewalls and move around more under moderate lateral load, but they take a set and are quite stable at higher load. The Kumhos are marginally better laterally once warmed up, but they are edgier at the limit and absolutely suck at longitudinal acceleration. I'm very disappointed with the lack of grip under acceleration and braking.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:40 PM
lanny
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin- Thanks for the rebate form! I think they are quiter and smoother ride overall but like I stated before the pilots may be a tad more precise for lack of a better word. When my wife and son comment on it I know there is a difference!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Just put the Hankooks on my 993 turbo. Had Potenzas on before. Too soon to tell but they appear to be a bit floaty on hard corners. I might play with the pressures a bit. Good ride and not noisy.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've tracked both the Sumi's and Hankook's (DE). I think the Sumi's had better grip, both last a long time. I still have MPS2's on my street wheels.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 AM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Everyone says the XS are bad in the rain, I beg to differ. I got stuck in a bad bad rain storm as in the wipers on high couldnt keep up but the Khumos at 65 were just fine with zero hydroplaining. I will try these at the drag strip soon and see if I can get some 1.6 60's. As I said before I just wish they were lighter on the scale.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Scott in SS MD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried the Hankooks on the rears only for a few weeks. Ordering the fronts tonight to replace my PS2s. Will also replace on the wife's car soon as well as my other toy.

Quick Reply: Bought the Hankook Ventus