Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indie Replaced My Clutch Accumulator

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:11 PM
BostonDuce
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to turn it into a plug interval thread, but the factory service intervals for spark plugs have changed and are now MY dependent as of 2010.

MY 2001-2004 every 24,000 miles-no time limit.
MY 2005-2007 every 40,000 miles or 4 years.

Back in '07, there was no time limit on any turbo.

If you're going to change the plugs, consider doing the coil packs too "while you're there". You'll double your labor if a CP goes after the plug job.

BD
Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by larry47us
Total cost of the 30K is $1,450, plus the $850 for the slave replacement. Out of pocket is $2,300. Someone said that you need to put $200/month away for maintenance of these cars. That might be true. I'm over that, between the tires, accumulator and this service. Am I sorry I bought this car rather than another 996NA? Nope, but it seems to be the price of doing business.
I know how you feel. My accumulator went bad not long after purchasing my car this year, and now I'm shelling out for the major 30k service too. Add this to the fact that I'm ordering a new set of wheels and the bill is pretty high already. Let's just hope I can sell the old ones for something.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:51 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by larry47us
Total cost of the 30K is $1,450, plus the $850 for the slave replacement. Out of pocket is $2,300. Someone said that you need to put $200/month away for maintenance of these cars. That might be true. I'm over that, between the tires, accumulator and this service. Am I sorry I bought this car rather than another 996NA? Nope, but it seems to be the price of doing business.
You guys are spoiled by low maintenance costs! God forbid you came over to the air cooled side...
Old 07-08-2011, 05:09 PM
larry47us
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF???? Chromed Wheels???

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
You guys are spoiled by low maintenance costs! God forbid you came over to the air cooled side...
If you check my signature, you will see that I did have an air cooled car. But it wasn't a DD, which this one is. Still, I was well aware of the cost of maintenance, and the regular valve adjustments. Never got to the point where I did the valve adjustments, but I changed the oil (all 13 quarts of it) and did replace the front wheel bearings once.

It's like I said to one of my daughter's friends when he (with chest puffed out with pride) showed off his new (to him) 25 year old Jaguar sedan. I told him that repair costs of cars are directly proportional to the original cost. The fact that his jag was now 25 years old didn't make the maintenance any cheaper. It did, probably, make it more difficult and expensive, just in sourcing the parts. He only had the car for about 6 weeks. The first major repair hit, and he just left it at the repair shop - totally unable to pay for the repair.

We should count ourselves lucky that we are able to get spare parts on 10 - 25 year old cars with little difficulty. But, when you own a car that cost $140K when new, yep, it's gonna cost you. But it's all worth it. I'm still trying to figure out how I can snag one of those lovely honeys from that other thread!!!!!

larry
Old 07-10-2011, 02:36 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just had my 30K service done with new plugs. It was right around $1100.

Quick Reply: Indie Replaced My Clutch Accumulator