Sponsored by:

My New Steering Wheel...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:51 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Steering Wheel...

well almost new. i was debating for a long time whether to buy a new wheel or re-cover the original. my original wheel was looking old and tired and i wanted to make a change. one of the things i wanted was a thicker grip. drove a gt3 a while back and really liked the feel of the thicker wheel. the cost of good new steering wheels with the options i wanted is expensive...over $1k minimum. searching around found a company called Dallas Custom Steering Wheels located in Garland, Texas. the website has a bunch of photos of different types of wheels and they all looked great. after speaking with Don Le, i decided to to ship my wheel to have it re-covered. i can not be any happier with the results. i think the wheel came out awesome looking and is a great upgrade to the driving experience. decided on a combination of perforated leather on the side and non-perforated on the top and bottom. don also added 1/8" padding all around to increase the grip and also sewed a red stripe on the top...real nice touch. the cost of the re-cover including shipping was $495.00...much less than the cost of a new wheel. for those thinking of the same, i highly recommend that you contact Don...you will not be dissapointed.

Last edited by manny_g; 11-20-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:28 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice! I'll give them a call when it's time to re-cover mine.

Quick Reply: My New Steering Wheel...