Suspension life expectancy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Modern shocks are pretty good. The Porsche shocks I think are over engineered for the usage we give them. Remember these cars are designed to run at high speeds on all kinds of roads (smooth highways, mountain roads, and rough secondary roads) for long period of times and most of our driving doesn't push the car or make that many demands on the shocks. Even with other makes of cars, I can't recall the last time I replaced a shock on any car I have owned and I've put some big miles on some cars.
Good words. I agree with you.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Guybrush Wilkinson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bouncy test cannot be made on turbo. Maybe Hulg Hogan can. The more I try to bounc the frot the less it bouches.

Today I took the car out for the third time.

My goooooooood the power makes me laugh out loud when I am full on the pedal!

The feeling the car and driver are one uint when cornering. INSANE ENJOYMENT!!!!!

Money well spent.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Just tried the test. I can depress the nose of the car about one inch (maybe) pushing down with all my might and weight on a fender just behind the headlight but as soon as I stop the car following along. I didn't bother to try this at the rear of the car.

In your car's case, the suspension is not shot and if it were the car would have to have been driven pretty hard and your pre-purchase check out of the car would have uncovered this.

You're doing what I would advise. Drive the car more and worry about the suspension less.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:55 PM
VERUS
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Have you tried that on your Turbo? Even before I installed X73 suspension on my Turbo, there wasn't any way to get any corner to move up and down using the technique you described...the springs were way too stiff.
and it’s likely to dent the fender before moving the shock. Speaking from experience.

Quick Reply: Suspension life expectancy?