Sponsored by:

CDC Pre-wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 11:06 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default CDC Pre-wiring...

... or should it be pre-MOSTing? I'm planning to tackle the famous Dension Gateway 500 mod tomorrow so I can listen to my i-pod. 2004 turbo cab.

I've searched extensively for the answer to my specific questions, but find conflicting information. Lots of information for the CDR units, but not the 996 PCM. I have the PCM Bose system with nav, but the CDC is not installed. There is a button on the head unit for the CDC.

First, is the 2004 Turbo with PCM Bose pre-wired for the CDC and if so, where am I likely to find the connector?

Second, does the PCM unit need to have the CDC activated by the dealer? The CDR unit definitely does, but the web posts on the PCM are split down the middle.

Any insight would be appreciated before I tear into it.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:02 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, missed this... not sure I know the answer, but you'd think this would not be so mysterious give how long these items are available.

I have NEVER heard of a head unit without a CDC button. Can you post a picture? What is on the upper left corner of the PCM2?

The FO connector should be in the trunk, tucked behind the carpet either behind where the CDC would go, or on the drivers side behind the plastic trim. (I had a CDC, so I had a FO that went from behind the brake booster to the CDC..on a car without one I don't know if it includes the extension to the FO as a 'base configuration')

Where are you placing the Dension and the ipod? I wanted all my stuff inside, so I placed it in the FO ring behind the head unit.

As far as coding, the answer is 'try it and see'...some do not need coding, some do.

A
Old 05-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SSST
Second, does the PCM unit need to have the CDC activated by the dealer? The CDR unit definitely does, but the web posts on the PCM are split down the middle.
FWIW, I installed a PCM that was configured for CDC and I had to get the dealer to reprogram the PCM, otherwise, I would get a CDC not found error every time I started the car.

Michael.

Quick Reply: CDC Pre-wiring...