Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy this 996TT or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:42 PM
evoxz
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all I really appreciate the feedback and your thoughts on the matter guys! Now regarding the above post...Thats what I thought! now with the range 1 if I'm correct the RPM is right at the redline. Range 2 is above BUT you don't know how much and for how long. Now I contacted Mike at AWE again. From his testing on the specific Porsche I am looking at he ran several dyno's. I am pretty confidant that the several range 1 and range 2 activations occurred during their dyno testing. He said that the results from his testing show that at 6896 RPM the power starts to taper off so they cut the dyno plot there. AWE seems like a solid tuning shop and I've only heard good things about them. I doubt they would of abused the car, which is where the last range 1 and 2 flag were recorded. In addition he has nothing but good things to say about the current owner meticulous, picky, definitely not the type of person to beat on a car! Im going for another test drive tomorrow morning to drive the car the way it was meant to be driven. Nothing crazy, but it would help solidify my decision! I am not paying a premium price for the upgraded parts if you add up all the mods (that were recently put on) and subtract that from the asking price then Id be paying only $26,000 for a stock 996tt. With that said a good price for a 996tt with this mileage and a clean PPI is around $45,000. Now for that price to put on the same mods (which id likely do) the car would wind up costing me $71,000 which is a HUGE difference.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:23 PM
haulinkraut
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like you have already talked yourself into this car. If you are not worried about the overrevs go for it.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
parsonii
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think getting a modded car is fine if you know exactly what you're getting. ask the owner why he is selling the car shortly after spending all this money on it? he knows something you don't. im curious what clutch was put in. i too would ask to put it on a mustang dyno and see if the performance is as claimed. if all this checks out you could be getting a good deal. good luck and we look forward to seeing the pics

Quick Reply: Should I buy this 996TT or not?