Sponsored by:

2004 996 TT Maintenance Schedule Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:36 PM
MitchW
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 996 TT Maintenance Schedule Question

I was wondering what folks recommend for routine 996 TT maintenance. I do not track my car, and only occasionally run it hard. The schedule I have says minor maintenance, including oil changes, every 10-12K miles, and major maintenance ever 24 K miles. From posts I've read many do oil changes every 5 K miles, and major maintenance at 36 K miles, including a break fluid exchange. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchW
I was wondering what folks recommend for routine 996 TT maintenance. I do not track my car, and only occasionally run it hard. The schedule I have says minor maintenance, including oil changes, every 10-12K miles, and major maintenance ever 24 K miles. From posts I've read many do oil changes every 5 K miles, and major maintenance at 36 K miles, including a break fluid exchange. Thanks!
Up to you but 5K oil/filter changes better to my mind than 10-12K mile oil/filter changes. I treat my 03 Turbo to 5K mile oil/filter services. Such a sweet engine -- I want it to last forever, not save a few dollars on oil.

Other services when they are due either based on miles or time. Brake fluid changes every 2 years. Plugs I had changed cause they were way past the 4 years time limit Porsche had in the manual.

I like a coolant drain and refill with fresh anti-freeze/distilled water every 4 to 6 years even though Porsche claims the coolant is "lifetime".

At 30K miles I had the tranny/rear diff fluids changed. The front diff was changed a bit earlier.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: 2004 996 TT Maintenance Schedule Question