Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct Alignment Specs and Pressure Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

There is a capreted panel behind the rear seats. You have to remove that panel (It's just foam) and get to the rear adjusters from inside the car. I've run the fronts on full soft with the rears two clicks from full soft with good success on the street. Your car doesn't look any lower than mine, and I'm using PSS9s...

Mike Kelly
Old 07-18-2010, 03:17 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My experience with a 996TT with PSS9's that has a really low ride height is that you need to run the rear settings mid level or slightly stiffer. If it is really soft, you will bounce off the bump stops and the rear end will feel really squirely. Just had a buddy with the same problem a few days ago. Someone had set the pss9's at full soft in the rear and mid stiff in the front.....no wonder it was all over the road, lol.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:06 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doc I need to come see you, we have to get this suspension worked out. Squirely is exactly whats going on, especially in curves with acceleration.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:07 PM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I adjust my alignment for street and track, using the GT-2 settings for the street and the same toe but much more negative camber for the street. I got lazy last time I returned from the track, since I had 2 events within 3 weeks, and just swapped to street tires, leaving the track settings.

It was awful. The car was darty and much less stable than usual. In fact, my first day I drove 60 miles of interstate in a strong cross-wind, and I was afraid I was going to get arrested for DUI. Constant wandering and correction. I just returned from the second event, and I'm realigning for the street this time.

Jon

Quick Reply: Correct Alignment Specs and Pressure Please