Motec M600 or Bosch MS3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:13 AM
CaymanGT1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motec M600 or Bosch MS3 ?

So I'am at the crossroad and choosing between Bosch MS3 and MoTeC M600
for a 996TT engine, on a tubeframe chassie. would like to use the OEM harness on the engine.

I want a professional system, that is proven, easy to work with, upgrade and maintain.

Any input would be apriciated?
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM
killerbee
Advanced

I know little of Bosch but am very familiar with Motec. I suspect that the Bosch ecu is capable after reading this (http://www.bosch-motorsport.com/pdf/...MS_3_Sport.pdf). After reading the description I did not see any mention of cam control or multiple control stratigies (only alpha-n was mentioned, i.e. throttle position). Motec supports just about any control strategy that you could wish for, i.e. MAF, blended alpha-n, etc. It would seem that the Bosch ECU is more self contained than the MXXX series. Knock and traction control are seemingly self contained in the box and are options (to be confirmed). The Mxxx series of ECUs supports knock and traction control via external modules that interface with the ECU. Both the M600 and the M4S will prob require some data logging support using either a Motec or an Aimsport dash/datalogger. The M600 has 512Kb of internal logging memory but that is very minimal. The Bosch unit prob has some also but it is also likely minimal. Just make sure whatever unit you choose has support for the ecu you select.

I have no idea of the cost of the BOSCH ecu but certainly Motec hardware is not inexpensive. Happily, I am sure both are of excellent quality. Regardless of the ECU manu the determining factor will likely be the quality and availability of support for the unit. Without support you will spend significant time trying to achieve very basic goals. In both cases you are going to have to adopt the factory harness.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Red9
Racer

Any updates on this?
Old 11-03-2013, 07:57 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 343 Posts

Syvecs and Pro-efi seem to be the go-to standalones over on 6S.O.

Quick Reply: Motec M600 or Bosch MS3 ?