Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch pedal lever hinge bolt clip?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 PM
unkiemotorhead
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal lever hinge bolt clip?

Sooooo, rocketing along in the back woods of Calif, my clutch pedal went to the floor and stayed there. Yikes. Turns out the hinge pin/bolt for the pedal lever had fallen out, which occurred because the little stamped sheet metal C-clip that retains the hinge pin fell out. Engineers and mechanics who inspected the clip all concluded that the C-clip was bent before or during installation (makes sense, since it looked bent and the dealer had just replaced the clutch master cylinder a month ago). I replaced it with a real machine part E-clip....good luck getting that out, but that's the point. Dealer had NOT replaced the clip with a new one when it did the master cylinder. Anyone out there ever heard of something like this? Any other fragile parts I should inspect regularly? That pin wasn't on my pre-flight check list until this incident. You might want to put it onto your list. tnx unkie
Old 04-28-2010, 10:28 PM
unkiemotorhead
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my haste I misspoke.....the pin connects the clutch lever to the thrust rod to the master cylinder. Clutch pedal lever rotated fine....but it no longer pushed on the clutch master cylinder thrust rod with the pin out. oops.

Quick Reply: clutch pedal lever hinge bolt clip?