Sponsored by:

Porsche service records

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 03:54 PM
tbarcelo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche service records

Does anyone on the list have the ability to search Porsche service records by VIN? I am trying to get some more information on a vehicle - I have done CarFax, but it is a non-Porsche dealer car, and I would like as much info as I can get. Please feel free to PM me or email at trevor.barcelo at gmail.com

Regards,
Trevor
Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 251 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by tbarcelo
Does anyone on the list have the ability to search Porsche service records by VIN? I am trying to get some more information on a vehicle - I have done CarFax, but it is a non-Porsche dealer car, and I would like as much info as I can get. Please feel free to PM me or email at trevor.barcelo at gmail.com

Regards,
Trevor
Used to be you could call PCNA customer service and with VIN get the name of the dealer the car was initially delivers/sold to. Then assuming the car sold to a customer by that dealer you could call the dealer's service department and with the VIN ask what work/services were performed.

The service department won't release any personal info about the owner but it should tell you say the car was in at 3K miles for a rattle, 5K for oil/filter change, had brake fluid changed at 12K, etc.

Now dealer might not have serviced the vehicle.

The service manager might remember who bought the vehicle and he might know where the owner had it serviced, but he might not. Or he may not have the time for this type of query.

You have a CarFax report.

From this you could know what area of the country the car spent some time in. You could call the various Porsche dealers in the area and supply the VIN and see if the car was serviced and what services were done.

I called the several dealers in my area and found 3 that serviced my 03 Turbo for the original owner.

AFIAK the dealers' service computers are not linked up, but I could be wrong. You might try a local dealer and see if it can do a service search on the VIN and see what services pop up. Worth a shot.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You can give the VIN to your local dealer and he can tell what warranty work was done on the car anywhere in NA. Non warranty work is a problem. Try Macster's suggestion. I found out from the carfax which dealers had worked on a car. I called the dealers and they were all willing to tell me generally what work had been done without releasing any privacy protected info.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
tbarcelo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone, for the input. I had good look from one of the dealerships that showed up on the CarFax. A service manager happily provided mileage information and services performed. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks again,
Trevor

Quick Reply: Porsche service records