Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caster/camber plates for 03 996 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Caster/camber plates for 03 996 Turbo?

Any recommendations for a set of caster/camber plates for an 03 996 Turbo?

Next time I have to replace tires -- at least the rears and maybe the fronts as well -- thinking about having tech fit caster/camber plates before the alignment.

Alignment's fine without the need for the plates but car's kind of heavy and over time there'll be some suspension sag and I'm thinking it might be nice to provide tech with ability to dial in the camber/caster spot on.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Any recommendations for a set of caster/camber plates for an 03 996 Turbo?

Next time I have to replace tires -- at least the rears and maybe the fronts as well -- thinking about having tech fit caster/camber plates before the alignment.

Alignment's fine without the need for the plates but car's kind of heavy and over time there'll be some suspension sag and I'm thinking it might be nice to provide tech with ability to dial in the camber/caster spot on.

Sincerely,

Macster.
As far as I know there is no such Duck for the 996 TT (at least the front) ... if you want additional camber you'll need to go the GT3 adjustable control arms. I spent a lot of time trying to find something a while back. I had ordered a set of MODE plates from Dan at Vivid, but they did not work without some major modification. There is stuff for the NA 996 all over the place, just not the Turbo.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need GT3 control arms like Hoosier Daddy says. $600 for a front set from Suncoast. Don't forget the shims.

Quick Reply: Caster/camber plates for 03 996 Turbo?