Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve Stem Cap Question - need help asap :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Sunshine30
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve Stem Cap Question - need help asap :)

I hope I am posting this in the right forum. We have a 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo. Our anniversary is coming up and I want to buy my husband something fun. Any clue if these would fit our car? I need to be sure before buying them. Otherwise I am hooped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_2087wt_939

Any thoughts on these?

I am also going to buy him a Porsche Design wallet and a caliper keyring. Would you be happy with these gifts, as a guy?
Old 02-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Sunshine30
Intermediate

Oh and thank you in advance!!
Old 02-13-2010, 06:13 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

That nice..You could also get him anew set of Turbos .......Then call my wife and tell her what you did.... LOL

Elliot
Old 02-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunshine30
I hope I am posting this in the right forum. We have a 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo. Our anniversary is coming up and I want to buy my husband something fun. Any clue if these would fit our car? I need to be sure before buying them. Otherwise I am hooped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_2087wt_939

Any thoughts on these?

I am also going to buy him a Porsche Design wallet and a caliper keyring. Would you be happy with these gifts, as a guy?
Can't say the parts at the link wll fit. I bought a set of new tire valve stem caps at dealership.

Sure, I'd be happy with the parts. Car parts are second way to a man's heart. Food of course being the 1st way.

Wallet sounds nice.

If you can, slip a $50 or $100 or higher gift card in it from the local Porsche dealer that your husband can use for a nice jacket, or some other nice accessory or even some service. If he doesn't already get the mag give him a gift subscripton to Excellence. (IIRC www.excellence-mag.com.)

If not a Porsche dealership gift card, then a gift card from a local gas station for a tank or two of gas and a note he fill up the tank and take car for a nice drive.

While he's out driving around you can treat yourself to a visit to a local spa or take in a flower show.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Airrik
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Porsche Valve Stem Caps

Those may or may not fit because it looks like there based out a third-party vendor on E-bay. I would be a little cautious... Try this link instead they are one of the best stores online in the country, so I have been told. Really good prices on everything http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/996ttchassis.html Add it to your fav. page.

P.S. I already ordered some tire valve caps for my car the ones for $16.49 for a set of 4.
Good Luck!
Old 02-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Sunshine30
Intermediate

Thanks you guys!!!

So, those stem caps should be cool then. I first have to sneak in the garage and make sure the car doesn't already HAVE them. I don't think it does but I need to make sure.

Elliot, you are hilarious. LOL! I would love to buy him some turbos but I have a feeling they will be above my budget. haha

Macster, you are awesome! I love your ideas! Thank you so much for taking the time to type that out. I totally love the gift card idea in the wallet! Also, that magazine looks awesome! Is it all Porsche? I got him a Road and Track subscription a few months ago but I think this mag looks even more cool!
Old 02-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Sunshine30
Intermediate

Airrik, thank you for that link! Fabulous! I will check it out. I hope they would ship to Canada though. Dumb question I know but each tire needs ONE stem cap, right? *blush*
Old 02-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Macster
Race Director

Thanks you guys!!!

So, those stem caps should be cool then. I first have to sneak in the garage and make sure the car doesn't already HAVE them. I don't think it does but I need to make sure.

Elliot, you are hilarious. LOL! I would love to buy him some turbos but I have a feeling they will be above my budget. haha

Macster, you are awesome! I love your ideas! Thank you so much for taking the time to type that out. I totally love the gift card idea in the wallet! Also, that magazine looks awesome! Is it all Porsche? I got him a Road and Track subscription a few months ago but I think this mag looks even more cool!
Excellence is Porsche only. Good magazine. If he's not reading it he should be. I also like GT Porsche (UK published), Total 911 (again published in UK) and 911 & Porsche World (UK published).

GT Porsche and 911 & Porsche World focus on all Porsche cars -- stock, custom, street, track at various times -- and even the occasional Cayenne and even Porsche tractor.

Total 911 focuses on just the 911 models, all years, all flavors.

Other mags I like (all UK published) are Evo, Top Gear, and Car. These cover all cars including Porsches once in a while.

Just to show you I'm not overly fixated on car mags to the exclusion of other reading, I also like Barrons financial newspaper (published every week by same company that published Wall Street Journal).

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:18 AM
Airrik
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sunshine,
Yes! bingo, ha ha LOL each tire needs its own tire valve. Hmm... Not sure if they ship to Canada you might want to call them and speak to the service or shipping dept first and see. Hopefully they will.
Keep us posted,

Airrik
Old 02-14-2010, 03:41 AM
Sunshine30
Intermediate

Macster, thank you! You rock! So if you had to pick 2 mags to subscribe to for now, which would you pick?

Thanks Airrik!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:51 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

In Canada, you should just pop by your dealer since they have plenty of Tequipment caps in stock. The shipping, duty and brokerage on these might cost you more than the caps themselves. If you're in TO, both Pfaff and Downtown Porsche have a pretty good selection of accessories. The wallet is a good idea and the key ring is nice too, but make sure you remove the "made in China" sticker off it (I'm not kidding...unfortunately).
Old 02-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

These will fit as they are the shorter version! The longer version with a longer collar will however not fit if your husband has metal valves or the shorter version rubber valves.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might consider the caps that Automotion.com sells. They have the Porsche colored crest on each cap. Nice.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Macster
Race Director

Macster, thank you! You rock! So if you had to pick 2 mags to subscribe to for now, which would you pick?

Thanks Airrik!
Limit myself to two car mags? That's like asking me to limit myself to two french fries with my cheeseburger! Ain't going to happen.

But here goes: Excellence and Total 911. The other two Porsche mags are very good but cover all Porsche models. Excellence does this too so you have that aspect covered while Total 911 just covers the 911 model, all years, air cooled to water cooled.

If you wanted a Porsche specific choice and a general car mag choice then it would be Excellence and Evo.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Valve Stem Cap Question - need help asap :)