Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With all the unsolved serious crime that goes on, the public would be more fairly served if these "tax collectors with a gun" were forced to actually hunt criminals rather than pick the pockets of honest citizens.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 AM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
With all the unsolved serious crime that goes on, the public would be more fairly served if these "tax collectors with a gun" were forced to actually hunt criminals rather than pick the pockets of honest citizens.
Speeders pay fines. Catching criminals, prosecuting them, and incarcerating them costs money.

IOW, for LEOs, speeders are a profit center, crime is a cost center.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SnP
Speeders pay fines. Catching criminals, prosecuting them, and incarcerating them costs money.

IOW, for LEOs, speeders are a profit center, crime is a cost center.
We all know this but it's not right.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
deckman
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

The best laser jammer is Laser Interceptor. I used to have it and it works as advertised.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Patrnflyr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the V1. Nuf' said. The ultimate one would be a V1 with the GPS mode that the Passport has, but they don't make that yet. (Many false alarms in the city)

I have 2 motorcycle friends (Very great guys) and they've given me some pointers for the laser. First off, I live in rural Texas and the HP's are almost always "rolling", so they use radar with turning on/off. That is easy to detect if you have anybody in front of you within a couple of miles since the HP will pulse on for that car also. Many cars will see your V1 and tag onto your rear end. We call them leeches and really tick me off. You can buy a remote so it is relatively hidden on the dash which I recommend.

A laser gun MUST be used in a stopped position. The beam, as already mentioned, is very narrow to the point of needing a scope to look down the barrel for aiming. The field is so narrow that they can aim at the front license plate and it might not even make the V1 go off. You may get a lucky bounce off the car in front of you, but don't every count on that.

Radar, OTOH, with its wide beam bounces off cars in front of you, buildings, etc and the V1 can pick them up from 1-3 miles away on flat ground.

If it's a motorcycle cop, stopped and using a laser and your V1 goes off, you might as well start looking for your license and insurance because he's going to get you, plus it prints out a pic/speed/date/time for record.

I don't have a laser jammer, but IF I was a motorcycle cop and was just jammed, I'd pack up and follow the jammer's car EVERYWHERE until I was able to find something wrong. That would really tick me off!!! What's your experience with jammers, do the cops get mad or do they just ignore the jammers? Do the jammers even work?

John
Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 AM
deckman
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

The LI jammer works, I don't know about others. The latest version has an auto timed shutoff feature that let's the owner select an amount of time - 1 or 2 seconds for example - to give you time to slow down and then the jammer shuts off. Since slow lock-ons are common, most LEO's won't know what happened. For those that do, getting raked over the coals is better than a big speeding ticket.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Patrnflyr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the V1. Nuf' said. The ultimate one would be a V1 with the GPS mode that the Passport has, but they don't make that yet. (Many false alarms in the city)

I have 2 motorcycle cop friends (very great guys) and they've given me some pointers for the laser. First off, I live in rural Texas and the HP's are almost always "rolling" due to their large territory to cover. A laser gun MUST be used in a stopped position. The beam, as already mentioned, is very narrow to the point of the cop needing a scope to look down at the barrel for aiming. The field is so narrow that they can aim at the front license plate (the usual target) and it might not even make the V1 go off. Radar, OTOH, with its wide beam bounces off cars in front of you, buildings, etc and the V1 can pick them up from 1-3 miles away on flat ground.

If it's a motorcycle cop and your V1 goes off, you might as well start looking for your license and insurance because he's going to get you, plus it prints out a pic/speed/date/time for record.

Don't have a laser jammer, but IF I was a motorcycle cop and was just jammed, I'd pick up and follow the jammer's car EVERYWHERE until I was able to find something wrong. That would really tick me off!!! What's your experience with jammers, do the cops get mad or do they just ignore the jammers? Do the jammers even work?

Now that I've written this, I think the Ultimate setup would be an installed in the dash radar/laser jammer/GPS/front-sides-rear. There's some out there that claim this, but the forums are loaded with griping about the $$$/poor performance and everybody goes back to V1/Passport
Someday!?!

John

Quick Reply: radar Detector