Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EDIT, Problem Solved: How do I open the front bonnet on my 996TT w/a dead battery??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:32 PM
JuanCarpantier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDIT, Problem Solved: How do I open the front bonnet on my 996TT w/a dead battery??

I've been struggling with this for a while and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. The car has been sitting for around a month now and I'm pretty sure the battery's done.

First off, my Porsche trickle charger is locked in the luggage compartment so I'm S.O.L. there. I have tried the method of hooking up a battery and twelve volt charger to the fuse box and door jam with no luck. How else would I get this thing open to access the battery?

Note: I've looked over a couple previous threads on this issue and unfortunately haven't made any progress.

Thanks, John

Last edited by JuanCarpantier; 01-25-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:48 PM
buzztt
Pro

have you tried jumper cables hooked up to the fuse box and door jamb ?

there is a cable up in the passenger side front wheel arch, you need to remove the rim, cant remember exactly where it is though, try searching
Old 01-25-2010, 11:36 PM
JuanCarpantier
Instructor

I just got the 'frunk' open, thanks for the help. The jet ski battery I was initially hooking to the fuse box wasn't strong enough, but the battery from my M3 was

Quick Reply: EDIT, Problem Solved: How do I open the front bonnet on my 996TT w/a dead battery??