996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headliner Removal?

Old 10-07-2015, 04:19 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 203 Posts

exactly what I was looking for. thanks for taking and posting the pictures.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:44 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 136 Posts

Has anyone tried the headliner removal to gain access to the sunroof cassette to clean and re lubricate the sunroof tracks? It seems the only way to do it right is to remove the cassette altogether for a thorough cleaning. My sunroof moves slowly and sometimes stops and reverses. I have replaced the motor and the switch with no real change. I know the dealer does not bother with cleaning and lubricating, they simply replace the cassette with a new one. Has anyone here actually tried removing and cleaning the cassette and was it successful? Many thanks!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by christallon
Has anyone tried the headliner removal to gain access to the sunroof cassette to clean and re lubricate the sunroof tracks? It seems the only way to do it right is to remove the cassette altogether for a thorough cleaning. My sunroof moves slowly and sometimes stops and reverses. I have replaced the motor and the switch with no real change. I know the dealer does not bother with cleaning and lubricating, they simply replace the cassette with a new one. Has anyone here actually tried removing and cleaning the cassette and was it successful? Many thanks!!!
Have you tried the sunroof reset trick? All you got to do is hold the button down pretty easy:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/56-sunroof-not-closing-properly/
Old 10-07-2015, 08:18 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 136 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh yes, I've done it all. I think the tracks are dirty and the sunroof moves slowly as a result. Thanks anyway. Anyone else?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headliner Removal?