Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vivid Racing 650 hp kit...anyone on here have it??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vivid Racing 650 hp kit...anyone on here have it??

Hello! On my search for a 996 Twin Turbo, I have invariably found myself already in the quagmire of looking for 'go fast' parts. Is anyone on here familiar with the Vivid Racing 650 hp kit, dyno and seat of the pants results, and long term reliability of such a system? I have a buddy in town who has a 750 hp Nissan 350Z with a custom twin turbo set-up, and I would like nothing more than to have him looking at my tail lights (on a closed road or track of course). The end result is that I want '...OH HOLY COW...' power, with reliability. No internal engine work. Just bolting on some whiplash for my passengers, and big smiles for me.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:40 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's always a faster car
Old 09-27-2009, 12:02 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 35 Posts

His Z will probably still be faster but I doubt the motor will last. I can't speak for Vivid's product although I think they do nice work. Like you said, most of this stuff is bolt-on and the GT1 block bullet-proof. I think the differences between the hardware being used by the different tuners is similar, they differ in the tuning.

I had an '01 tt with the EVOMS GT-610 kit and it was almost violent. Very fast and I had zero issues. My buddy has the next stage EVOMS kit, the GT-660. It requires a little upgrade to the fuel system. Honestly, at least using my butt-o-meter, there wasn't a big difference on the street but it was fast. If you go much higher than 650hp you need to strengthen internals.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing 650 hp kit...anyone on here have it??