Sponsored by:

6 puck clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Dr.D
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 puck clutch

At the 60,000 service we decided to upgrade the clutch and a 6 puck clutch was installed. So far, not a big fan. Its great for freeways, and track days, but DD in Los Angeles is a shacky shacky nightmare. Reverse is ugly with alot of shaking, and forget about the inclines. Anybody else went through this, is there a learning curve, or the learning curve is to learn from your mistake and get a sachs, which I'm sure is going to be recomended over and over. I just wanted to know if anybody else ever had a puck type clutch and how they felt about it cuz I'm hating mine.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

wow that sucks. most pucks are like that. did you ask before jumping in?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Dr.D
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the good thing is the guy that does the work is a friend. Got a phone call, he said it would be a good idea to upgrade the clutch. Said he's gonna put in something that has alot of grab and can handle future planned mods. So I said fine, no labor charge, which is nice, only this thing is more for the track. I tried to make friends with it but there is no way. Thursday I'm planning to go to the shop and get him to order something else. I need something that can handle max 550hp, be pseudo everyday driving in traffic friendly, no shaking, rattling, chattering.

Quick Reply: 6 puck clutch