Need pair of eyeballs in Cleveland/Akron area, also PPI recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:20 PM
secretvampire
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pair of eyeballs in Cleveland/Akron area, also PPI recommendations

Hey guys,

After months of research and lurking and reading hundreds of old threads, I'm finally ready to get into my first P-car soon. I'm in Austin, TX and I have found a 996TT I'm pretty interested in at a dealer in the Cleveland, OH area.

I have been talking to the dealer for a week, but before I negotiate a final price and arrange for a PPI, I need a 996TT guru in the area to eyeball the car and maybe take it for a short drive. Especially to test for the the dreaded 2nd gear pop-out, and verify there aren't any major cosmetic problems with the car beyond what the dealer has shown me. I really don't want to waste a trip up there to seal the deal and find out this is not what it seems if I can avoid it.

If you are interested and available, please shoot me a PM and hopefully I can make it worth your while in some way. Additionally, I need a suggestion on where to schedule a PPI in the area as I am clueless and certainly want the PPI even though the car is a CPOed.

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 PM
grayman
Advanced

I am in the Cleveland area and would be happy to look at the car for you. I am not mechanically inclined however. For a PPI, there are several good PCar dealers in the area. Fred Baker Porsche (Bedford) Porsche of North Olstead (North Olmstead) and Stoddard (mentor, I think)

I use an independant Porsche only shop in Twinsburg called Steinels Autowerks. First rate work on both street cars and race cars. They take care of my 01 Boxster S and lighly modded 951S. They can be reached at 330-425-8582.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:49 PM
secretvampire
AutoX

Hey grayman,

I just realized I cannot send nor receive PMs, hah. Can you shoot me an email at (address obscured for the spam bots below) :

jason dot hajdik at thegoogleemailservice dot com
Old 12-21-2008, 11:25 AM
secretvampire
AutoX

Hey grayman, you still around?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
grayman
Advanced

Jason,

Just sent you an email.

Quick Reply: Need pair of eyeballs in Cleveland/Akron area, also PPI recommendations