Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Hose - Loose

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008 | 01:35 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Default Intake Hose - Loose

The longer one on the right (if looking at the motor from rear) seems to be sliding out a bit. It will move 4 to 5 mm when the car is driven. What is the fix, new spring clip? Can I just remove the clip and carefully squeeze to tighten it?

H_D
Old 12-04-2008 | 01:46 PM
porsche52
Board Certified Porsche Trauma Surgeon
Cayenne Grief Counselor
Rennlist Member

H-D, the hose you are talking about is your bank 2 boost hose. Without seeing what is exactly going on. I would advise you to install a new o-ring and possible a new clip. DO NOT squeeze it!!! Does the car have any mods? How much power are you making. Alot of boost=loose boost hoses sometimes. The hose should positivly engage, audible click.
Old 12-04-2008 | 02:42 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

get a new one from porsche. they have improved the locking mechanism. better yet to improve the appearance of the plain engine compartment replace all of them with an upgraded silicone hose kit. can get them either in red, yellow, and yes even in black.
Old 12-04-2008 | 03:21 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche52
H-D, the hose you are talking about is your bank 2 boost hose. Without seeing what is exactly going on. I would advise you to install a new o-ring and possible a new clip. DO NOT squeeze it!!! Does the car have any mods? How much power are you making. Alot of boost=loose boost hoses sometimes. The hose should positivly engage, audible click.
Thanks... The car has no mods, so 415 HP at best I would guess. I was just recently at the track, but only noticed this past weekend the car would not make more than .06 when under full acceleration up through the gears... made me wonder what was happening and that's when I checked the hoses. No idea if one thing has anything to do with the other. I pushed the hose back in and took it for a ride without getting into any real boost and noticed the hose was backed out 4 mm. So it seems it'll loosen under any power output level. I'll call the stealership for the parts.

H_D
Old 12-05-2008 | 12:46 AM
colorinc
6th Gear

look to see if the o-ring blew up around the neck of the hose(the metal part)... when i pushed the hose back in it never clipped all the way..... when pushing the hose back in you will here two snaps when the clips engage...

ps im running the stock hoses at 1.4 bar and they hold well as long as everything is assembled right
tim
Old 12-05-2008 | 09:42 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by colorinc
look to see if the o-ring blew up around the neck of the hose(the metal part)... when i pushed the hose back in it never clipped all the way..... when pushing the hose back in you will here two snaps when the clips engage...

ps im running the stock hoses at 1.4 bar and they hold well as long as everything is assembled right
tim
I had no audible click or snap when I pushed back the hose. I have not completely removed the hose so I do not know the condition of the o-ring. In fact, I was unaware there was an o-ring on the neck of the hose.

Thanks for the insight. I love learning about these cars.

H_D

Quick Reply: Intake Hose - Loose