Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy Mobil 1 0w-40 or 5w-40

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm driving there tomorrow to buy up a bunch of that 5W-50....I think he quoted me around $24 for a six pak which makes it cheaper than the Mobil 0-40....I figure I'll be picking up around 10-15 cases of it to have it on hand if some of the local chaps want to give it a try. It is on the Porsche approved list...
Old 10-31-2008, 12:11 PM
nmlss2005
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck,
I've been... unsuccessful so far. I can't get a hold of either of them and I left a couple voicemails with Monty - with no call back yet. I'll give it a last try later today, but if I don't succeed I may prevail upon you to get me some oil, if you don't mind.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just came home with ten cases of the 5W-50 and they have another 123 cases left....with six quarts in each case. So at this point I have 15 gallons of the stuff sitting in my garage ......which is more than I will ever need. I was thinking that if someone wanted some and couldn't find it, I'd be glad to send some....but only after you try going thru the Vine Distribution plant. I'm really not set up for shipping but gladly will do that to help out a fellow Rennlister if you can't find it elsewhere. Plus I figure that if I change oil every 7500 miles...at the rate I drive my TT, I'll be dead long before I run out.

I visited the plant...and that's what it is...this is no fly-by-nite operation...this is a major distribution center with just about every flavor of lubricant you'd want. Monty is on vacation...ask for Tony...he went and got the cases for me from the warehouse today....use the main office number and tell them that Chuck talked to Mrs. Vine...the owner and that she promised that any inquiries about their products from the "Porsche group" would be answered. Use her name if you're not getting any response...or PM me with your phone number. Mrs. Vine gave me a personal tour of the facility today...and she's not the sort of lady anyone would want to mess with....be it employee or customer.

They also carry the Delvac 75W-90 tranny oil for the 996TT's....that's been a hard to find item also.

Regards to all...

Chuck

Quick Reply: Where to buy Mobil 1 0w-40 or 5w-40