Sponsored by:

New to Rennlist.com Interested in 2002 911 X50

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:17 AM
krazykid112
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New to Rennlist.com Interested in 2002 911 X50

Hey guys, awwwww it so great to finally find i have to say the best porsche forum on the net. I have been searching forever for a good one. It is also good to see everyone helping each other out so genuinely, just great, just great! Having that said, I have never owned a Porsche but will be looking for a black 2002 911 X50 in Feb 2009. I am currently leasing an Audi that is up in Feb of next year. Anyone know where the best place to find an 02 911 in good condition with about 25-25k miles. Also, where would be the best place to get the best auto loan for about half the amount of the car? Any help would be great with personal experiences. I look forward to be a part of this forum. Thanks for everything.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:44 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by krazykid112
Hey guys, awwwww it so great to finally find i have to say the best porsche forum on the net. I have been searching forever for a good one. It is also good to see everyone helping each other out so genuinely, just great, just great! Having that said, I have never owned a Porsche but will be looking for a black 2002 911 X50 in Feb 2009. I am currently leasing an Audi that is up in Feb of next year. Anyone know where the best place to find an 02 911 in good condition with about 25-25k miles. Also, where would be the best place to get the best auto loan for about half the amount of the car? Any help would be great with personal experiences. I look forward to be a part of this forum. Thanks for everything.
HEllo Krazykid112

I am not able to help you find the car you are looking for...but here is a nice site for your car...

http://www.stevecarter.com/911turbo.htm

harris

p.s. I live in Greece that is why...sorry
Old 10-10-2008, 04:31 PM
WhippieDaddy
Intermediate

Default You're going the same route as me...

I came from leasing an Audi S4 (2004) to buying a 2005 911 Turbo S back in March. I don't know what Audi you're driving now, but generally Audi's level of quality and creature comforts surpasses Porsche's in some ways. By that I mean the fit and finish and quality of the passenger cabin on my S4 was definitely light years ahead of my TTS. Also, simple features like a programmable garage door opener aren't available on the TTS - it is available on 997 Turbos, but not on the 996s. I really miss satellite radio - XM in my case - and I was quoted a price of around $3K to retrofit my car with XM, Bluetooth, and iPod. That was probably an estimate on the higher end, but the shop quoting that is well regarded in my area.

You're probably assuming this going in, but I'll remind you anyway. I won't say that Audi is more reliable than Porsche, but since I went from a new S4 to a used Porsche, I've had to spend about $500 on fixing issues with my TTS. And that would have been almost $4K if I hadn't bought an extended warranty on my car. I got the Power Steering Reservoir control valve replaced (per the Porsche TSB) and my two radiator fans replaced. Without warranty those two fixes alone would have been around $3K. So the lesson is that you should definitely get some type of warranty when you buy the car.

There are some minor glitches (seat noise when it moves backwards, liner for the convertible top not sealing properly sometimes, and others) I'm putting up with now. Suffice it to say that Porsche mostly focuses on engine, transmission, and suspension, and seemingly less on other aspects of the car.

Having said all that, I don't regret my choice - my Audi was great, but my TTS is so much more. I'm still very happy with it.

I definitely echo your comments about this forum. It's a great place to be educated about all things Porsche and almost everyone seems to want to help. There is a great pre-purchase checklist that Wachuko has prepared for prospective buyers that you should definitely read. Search for "Pre-Purchase check list" under his username. The thread was originally started on 8/22/06. (Sorry, I didn't know how to post the URL to the thread.)

It's a great time to buy and may be even better in the near future. Good luck in your search.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:43 PM
DRG13
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what you need, not an X50

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/show...89056&d_id=947

Quick Reply: New to Rennlist.com Interested in 2002 911 X50