Sponsored by:

996TT / X50 / GT2 - Shift Knob & Boot Differences

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
monabaker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996TT / X50 / GT2 - Shift **** & Boot Differences

As many of you know, I have been in the market for a 996TT for quite a while now. I think I am getting close to a deal, but after having looked at so many, a new question has sparked me to write this thread. I've done so fairly extensive searching on multiple boards, but there doesn't seem to be a clear or concise answer anywhere.

If you look at the pictures of different 996TT's, the stock shift ***** seem to come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. Now, I am sure if a car came with a wood grain dash, you could opt for a matching shifter, but this isn't the question. I think I have seen 3-4 different ****/boot combos, some shorter and fatter, some taller and skinnier, some carbon looking, some brushed looking, some leather. I'm curious, were these special options, or option codes? Did certain ***** come with certain cars and no others? Is it easy to change from one to another that might be more desirable?

So many questions, I know.....Maybe you guys could take/post some pictures of the ones you have in your car and we can set the record straight? I'd like to thank anyone in advance who helps me clear up this matter! Much appreciated.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Different options available at the time you configured your car... easy to change afterwards to whatever you like.

This is what mine looked like from the factory

and after I did a few changes (all easy diy/bolt on stuff):

Just get the car!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
monabaker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh, the change you made is much better! I'm not a fan of the **** in the first picture. How much did that run you?

Quick Reply: 996TT / X50 / GT2 - Shift Knob & Boot Differences