Sponsored by:

Harman Kardon Drive+Play2

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Harman Kardon Drive+Play2

Here are few pictures of the Drive+Play2 by HK installed. (did my best but I am sure Enigmawmn will have some suggestions for major improvements)

This unit can be hard wired to the CD changer's input (for non-fiber optic systems). The wireless control **** placed on the ash tray) is similar to the iPod's controls and easy to navigate, sharp & customizable display which also shows the album art. The installer also installed the Valentine1 with the remote display, need some fine tuning of component placements though. I should say it's a nice interface for connecting an iPod...not to forget that HK also sells a BT adapter to connect a cell phone.

BTW: I can really use a newer center console, noticed lots of scratches, anyone selling one?

Last edited by Sam CS 05; 11-16-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

HK also owns Becker....the folks who make all the Porsche headunits.

As for the center console, have you considered removing it and sending it to Eric at Bumperplugs and having him paint it to match the exterior color? Great mod IMHO.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
HK also owns Becker....the folks who make all the Porsche headunits.

I didn't know that...

As for the center console, have you considered removing it and sending it to Eric at Bumperplugs and having him paint it to match the exterior color? Great mod IMHO.
are you joking about the center console or serious? I have looked at the silver console but not sure how it will look?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
are you joking about the center console or serious? I have looked at the silver console but not sure how it will look?
many people have had the console painted the same color of the exterior. this is also a porsche option..so no he is not joking.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Here are some pics of Jamie's center console, painted by Eric, along with the non smoker's kit, again painted by Eric at Bumperplugs.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=295374&page=9

FWIW, my car came from the factory with the center console painted to match the exterior color and I added the non smoker's kit (Eric painted it Lapis Blue to match the exterior/console.....perfect match)

There are other options....CF center console or leather center console.

Quick Reply: Harman Kardon Drive+Play2