Sponsored by:

Tuning Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:31 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Settle down everyone....

You were just introduced to the STATMAN.

On a lighter note. I live in Las Vegas and getting Kevin's tune was the easiest transaction I have ever done. Pay your money, get the little programmer, plug it in, push a button and BAM 100 extra ponies.
Well maybe 80...
Old 07-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wross....is there a side to you I didn't know>? Damn good covert demeanor on your part.

Rob: We gig each other here with mostly good intentions....with only three posts, you need a slightly thicker skin or else take three Valium before signing on.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Statman is a good guy and he has helped me with much good advice. He was only playing around but I know you took it otherwise. I suggest that you start over with him. Sometimes people razz on each other in here but it's all in fun.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Lefteris
The Decal King
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO the car is veeery fast as it is, use the monay for something that you can use or can make the interior looks better!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:35 PM
deepblue
Rennlist Member

....or driver education...best money spent....well, besides a stage 4 kit, new intercoolers, big brakes, suspension...uh....but definitely get the driver education too, especially if you drive like you post porsche_rob (kidding ;-)

Originally Posted by Lefteris (Athens-Greece)
IMO the car is veeery fast as it is, use the monay for something that you can use or can make the interior looks better!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:43 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wross996tt
OK my advice. Learn how to use the search menu as this has been discussed say...5000 times. Second, tone down your language. Since you are a noob., I suggest you refrain from such a display of inappropriate and immature behavior. Third, it is customary for new posters to introduce themselves and post pics. Fourth, if you really don't know how to interact with the OBD port, you should leave your car stock.

Lastly, I apologize for my sarcastic humor...grow some would you.

Let me guess- he's been a long time bimmerforums member.

To the OP. Try to avoid getting bull****ted by a local shop who will tell you what they want you to know.

GL

A
Old 07-14-2008, 01:20 PM
porsche_rob
AutoX

Default Cool

OK. First time posting. Had a bad day and didn't need the BS. I overreacted but you guys gotta know newbies come here for advice and will react by either running away or getting ticked. In any case, I apologize to Statman and I appreciate the help. I am ordering the UMW flash and valves today.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

I am ordering the UMW flash and valves today.
Best news I've heard all day
Old 07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
porsche_rob
AutoX

Default Introduction

It was pointed out to me that I need to introduce myself and provide pics.

My name is Rob. I live in St. Louis. I work for IBM. I am a car guy but I grew up driving older vettes (often on the track) and they do not have OBD ports and the like. I recently decided to get back into it, did some research and decided on the 996tt as the best platform to build on. Cars have gotten a lot more complicated since I last worked on them......

Anyway, that's it. I know everyone here gets sick of the newbies asking dumb questions. I did figure out how to use one of my pics as my avatar but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to include them in one of these posts.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Welcome aboard....Tim should be chiming in to walk you through the picture process. We don't really mind some of the questions and in some cases you'll be pointed to the search function. I'm sure we've all asked questions that have had some of the regulars scratching their heads. At any rate...thanx for the intro.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Hey Rob....

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:42 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Kevin is superb. The key to picking your tuner is their asking you what do "you want" out of the car.

And keeping you from doing dumb, expensive things.

He is my tuner too. Welcome.

JB
Old 07-14-2008, 06:47 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

hey rob welcome to the club. like you i still consider myself a newbie when it comes to these cars so i ask any questions i need. most people here are great and will point you in the right direction. i have heard great things from kevin and i am sure you will not be disappointed. kevin has helped a lot of people here including myself. please post your impressions after the flash. i have always wanted to do this, but since i still have a cpo warranty, i have been putting it off.

with respect to posting pics on a thread, i believe that you need to have a minimum number of posts and do not know if you need to become a member, which by the way is a great way of supporting this forum. best money you will spend in my opinion.

good luck and hang around here...you will learn something new every day.

Quick Reply: Tuning Help