Sponsored by:

30k maintenance question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:08 PM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wross996tt
plugs have a huge effect on performance...if you have mods they go much faster than 30K.
How do they go? What are the symptoms? I am moded to 530bhp, plugs changed 30K miles ago, zero issues.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:53 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Most typical on higher hp cars...the electrodes show signs of wear, thus effecting gap and spark. If you wait until you have symptoms, the plugs are past gone. How do you know you have "zero issues"? You mean you have not reached the point where you throw codes? Actually you should pull one of the plugs and inspect for fouling, gap and electrode wear. This inspection also can tell you if you are running lean/rich or help in understanding other performance issues. Of course, if you are going to inspect some would say just replace. 30K on modded engine is a lot IMHO.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:27 PM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wross996tt
Most typical on higher hp cars...the electrodes show signs of wear, thus effecting gap and spark. If you wait until you have symptoms, the plugs are past gone. How do you know you have "zero issues"? You mean you have not reached the point where you throw codes? Actually you should pull one of the plugs and inspect for fouling, gap and electrode wear. This inspection also can tell you if you are running lean/rich or help in understanding other performance issues. Of course, if you are going to inspect some would say just replace. 30K on modded engine is a lot IMHO.
No codes, no problems, nothing. Just smooth running. When I changed them at 30K first time round they were fine, so I am wondering do I really need to change at 30K why not 50K? So car starts throwing codes first if plugs are going bad?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:05 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Usually car starts performing bad before codes are thrown...you need more power I guess.....it's your car so do what you want....

Quick Reply: 30k maintenance question