Sponsored by:

Brake Pad Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:55 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Pad Light

Odd thing... My pad warning light came on yesterday. This morning no light. Later on it came on again but then after an hour of car being parked off again? Not on when braking. Shouldn’t the light just came on when pads are on the thin limit and stay on? I don't know as thus far I always changed the pads before the light. Well, I will inspect the pads visually this afternoon when home, however, when the light comes on what is the thickness of the pad left? 2 mm? 1000 / 2000 miles of sensible driving safe?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:59 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've only seen the light come on when the pedal is pressed, the wear indicator grounds, turns on the light.

when they're that close no guarantees on what you'll get from that point.

how many miles?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 AM
$manager
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine came on out of the blue one day then stayed off for a week. Got the msg again and changed all four and THEY WERE VERY CLOSE. Change them out! I bought ATE's this time and have been very pleased. Cheaper than factory, same feel and less dust.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:23 PM
schred
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typically, once the pads are thin enough to allow the sensor to ground out, then the warning light will stay on, and the only way to get it to turn off is to replace the sensor. They are easy to replace. If when doing pads you are careful to not damage the old ones, they can be reused. Just be very careful when prying them out of the old pads as they get very brittle from the heat.
FS

Quick Reply: Brake Pad Light