Sponsored by:

PSS9/PSS10 - Ride Height

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:57 AM
newton982
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PSS9/PSS10 - Ride Height

I've read many threads stating you shouldn't lower the car too much. So what is safe? How much lower is a conservative PSS9/10 ride height as compared with the stock 996TT suspension?

Have any of you with PSS9s regretted not going with a more expensive setup like Motons? Although I like the price point of the PSS9s, I'd rather spend more money up front than switch from PSS9s to something like Motons down the road.

My primary objective is to improve stock handling for the street, but I would also like to have a suspension good enough to allow me to attend and enjoy DE events if I chose to do so in the future.

-FJ

Last edited by newton982; 03-23-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: more info
Old 03-23-2008, 12:45 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you go to the track a lot, the motons would be overkill.

IMO, the PSS9's are a great street suspension and a huge improvement over stock. The PSS9's would not be the limiting factor when you start tracking. I have my car lowered 20 mm and I like the look and the feel.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:36 PM
newton982
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How easy is it to adjust ride height and firmness? Can both be done with the car sitting in the garage or does it need to go up on a lift?

Most of the problems I read on the PSS9s were of people who lowered too much.

Is there anything else recommended at the same time - sway bars perhaps?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

H&R
Old 03-23-2008, 04:37 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

It's relatively easy to adjust the firmness, but changing the height is more involved. However after the initial drop, I don't think you would want to change the height again. Otherwise, I would think that you would need to corner balance and re-align.

If you want a real aggressive drop, you should look into other systems. If you drop too much with the PSS9's, you'll be riding on the bump stops.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

I had PSS9's installed and it lowered my ride height 1 1/2 inches, the max allowed to avoid problems. Did my first DE this past weekend and had great car control even on the 4 front, 3 rear settings. I was advised to try the middle settings for my first DE, and then progressively try stiffer settings. You might also consider the JIC's, as they are still affordable, the car can be lowered more, they offer various spring sets, and they are also adjustable. Only drawback is you must pick which springs you want and a wrong pick will cost you for a re-install of a different spring set. So do some research if you decide to go that way. Motons will cost you about $9500 installed and because they have multiple settings on each shock, there is a steep learning curve until you have much on track experience. Good luck.

Quick Reply: PSS9/PSS10 - Ride Height