Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Beej
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harris
electronic speedo thought to e a bit more accurate

harris
Ummm - unfortunately not Electronic reads the same as the analogue dial.

Cheers,

Beej
Old 03-07-2008, 08:21 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Beej
Ummm - unfortunately not Electronic reads the same as the analogue dial.

Cheers,

Beej

ok

next time I will try to hiti 330 sto that it will be more or less 305....which is the actual speed of the car...

Old 03-07-2008, 11:54 AM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My electronic speedo reads AT LEAST 6(M)PH optomistic according to my GPS.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:01 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

going at that speed and on top of that holding a camera on one hand, and taking your eyes off the road to take the pic...not a smart move imo. we all know what these cars can do why do you feel a need to document..i'm glad i was no where near you.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

sometimes.....die correct!!!
google darwin awards and pick the year, read the stories of entering stupid101 and sometimes not surviving it.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:59 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bearone
google darwin awards and pick the year, read the stories of entering stupid101 and sometimes not surviving it.

I will bearone...no worries....

hope I will win

harris
Old 03-09-2008, 11:00 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by manny_g
going at that speed and on top of that holding a camera on one hand, and taking your eyes off the road to take the pic...not a smart move imo. we all know what these cars can do why do you feel a need to document..i'm glad i was no where near you.
I am glad you were not close to me me too...

harris
Old 03-10-2008, 05:07 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok

next time I will try to hiti 330 sto that it will be more or less 305....which is the actual speed of the car...

Not without rasing the rev limiter. 326-7km/h on the speedo is where your limiter will kick in. ;-).
Old 03-11-2008, 05:05 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SimonK
Not without rasing the rev limiter. 326-7km/h on the speedo is where your limiter will kick in. ;-).
ok

i will

harris
Old 03-11-2008, 09:53 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, but I had to add my two cents!
Not only is speeding like this while using public roads irresponsible and just plain dumb, but any monkey can go fast in a straight line!
Try doing 90 mph while negotiating a blind, decreasing radius, off-camber turn, and you'll impress me.Do it while downshifting and double clutching heel and toeing, and you are a true driver. Doing 300Km/h in a straight line? Not too impressive at all, been there done that.
Hope you don't take this personally.
Good luck and stay safe!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:24 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Sorry, but I had to add my two cents!
Not only is speeding like this while using public roads irresponsible and just plain dumb, but any monkey can go fast in a straight line!
Try doing 90 mph while negotiating a blind, decreasing radius, off-camber turn, and you'll impress me.Do it while downshifting and double clutching heel and toeing, and you are a true driver. Doing 300Km/h in a straight line? Not too impressive at all, been there done that.
Hope you don't take this personally.
Good luck and stay safe!
Who said the road was straight? :-). I would say negotiating a blind (emphasis on blind) decreasing radius corner is equally dim-witted? Look, if the road is clear, has no speed restriction upon it (like the German Autobahn) and there is no one on it - it comes to your judgment and your choice to do it. BTW, German motorways are full of serious curves and taking them at 300km/h+ requires a.) serious ***** and b.) serious driving technique. If you **** it up - you are most likely toast. If you would have been there in such a described way, you would not be talking about it in a way you just did.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:45 PM
harris
Burning Brakes

Who said the road was straight? :-). I would say negotiating a blind (emphasis on blind) decreasing radius corner is equally dim-witted? Look, if the road is clear, has no speed restriction upon it (like the German Autobahn) and there is no one on it - it comes to your judgment and your choice to do it. BTW, German motorways are full of serious curves and taking them at 300km/h+ requires a.) serious ***** and b.) serious driving technique. If you **** it up - you are most likely toast. If you would have been there in such a described way, you would not be talking about it in a way you just did.
simonK ...

you are right...in a way...
I am not trying to convince onyone that what I did is difficult or requires special driving skills...
it was and is just a photo...
but what I can understand is some people over here are taking things very seriously....
I am pretty sure I will will the Darwin award...as well as I am 100% sure that I wouldn't like to be close to people that they don't want to be close to me.....

on the other hand I never said that I drive like Stefan Roser, RUF's official driver sometime ago...

anyway...

I agree with you...
at 300+ klms/h even a straight line can be difficult to drive through....

thanks

harris
Old 03-16-2008, 03:34 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

simonK ...

you are right...in a way...
I am not trying to convince onyone that what I did is difficult or requires special driving skills...
it was and is just a photo...
but what I can understand is some people over here are taking things very seriously....
I am pretty sure I will will the Darwin award...as well as I am 100% sure that I wouldn't like to be close to people that they don't want to be close to me.....

on the other hand I never said that I drive like Stefan Roser, RUF's official driver sometime ago...

anyway...

I agree with you...
at 300+ klms/h even a straight line can be difficult to drive through....

thanks

harris
It's one of those things where we are both right. It can be easy or difficult depending on the circumstances. The fact is that our cars are really easy to drive 300km/h + on a straight line. Anyway, such top end speeds are overkill anyway and I tend to not do it anymore, mainly because I am thinking; if something does go wrong - I haven't got a chance in hell... for example, if there would be a large stone on the road at that speed (82 metres per second) it simply couldn't be seen and I often wonder what would happen there should I hit it... nothing good I presume :-).
Old 03-16-2008, 05:21 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

It's one of those things where we are both right. It can be easy or difficult depending on the circumstances. The fact is that our cars are really easy to drive 300km/h + on a straight line. Anyway, such top end speeds are overkill anyway and I tend to not do it anymore, mainly because I am thinking; if something does go wrong - I haven't got a chance in hell... for example, if there would be a large stone on the road at that speed (82 metres per second) it simply couldn't be seen and I often wonder what would happen there should I hit it... nothing good I presume :-).
I totally agree...

harris
Old 03-17-2008, 11:23 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Like I said, any monkey can go fast in a straight line. My personal "best": 186 mph front straightaway TWS, last year. It is far more demanding of your driving skills to do their carrousel at 90 mph.
I do agree, at those speeds anything can happen, which goes back to my point: why do it on a public road, full of other drivers with "questionable" abilities? Better to do it in a controlled environment (aka track), and surrounded by drivers that presumably have a higher than average level of driving skill.
I did not mean to bring down anyone, sorry if I did.
My plan is to visit the Nurburgring later this year and tear it up there. Now THAT will be a true test of driving technique!

Quick Reply: 301 klms/h....