Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO intake and MAF question...another one.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Savage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EVO intake and MAF question...another one.

The dealer installed the EVO intake and did the GIAC software flash on my car. I've read some of the posts about the problems with the MAF with this kit. I've also read something about an "update" to the kit. There is a screen type of element over the filter, and I got to thinking that it didn't seem to make much sense. Should this screen be on the inside of the filter to stop any oil from getting onto the MAF? I was told this screen element was the "update". Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks
Tim
Old 12-10-2007, 09:44 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

The first fix I recall was to put a mesh sock over the filter...a later fix is to put a screen after the filter to reduce air flow turbulance...not sure how many modifications have been done to it. Just saw a new one getting installed with what looked to be a different set-up exiting the intake.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Westwood
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the Evo intake with sock and the GIAC flash for 15K now with no problems. Just enjoy your car!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:43 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The most recent update is to pop the screen out of the stock intake box, and pop it into the new updated evo venturi tube to smooth the airflow. So far it has seemed to work.

In the past we have typically seen the mafs blow due to popping it off the rev limiter, and not due to the filters themselves.

Quick Reply: EVO intake and MAF question...another one.