Sponsored by:

MAF saga!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM
turbolou
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Reply

I'm real skeptical of any after market parts. Why would Porsche dilibertly use an air cleaner that's restrictive? I too tried a trick air cleaner & wiped out my MAF fortunately I have an extended warranty that covered it. I was told that unless the car left with a stock air filter the new part would not be covered. I also wonder about all those muffler claims too. How much of that is B.S.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

i seem to agree with you on the intake. It is possible the EVO produces better results, i found a test done by PorschePhD on 6speed who believes the intake is better and his publications were pretty good. It seems to me that the likely answer is the EVO intake is better but the reason the factory may not have gone with such a design is precisely because of the MAFs....

On the exhaust, i think there are more gains to be had. I have a europipe s2 quiet on my car and i've tried various exhausts. I can certainly tell a difference. Here the factory has many constraints put on it (i.e. smog, sound levels...) so i can certainly see why some of the aftermarket exhausts may create a benefit (especially in a turbo!). Some of the exhausts also eliminate significant weight (in the back of the car where it really counts)...
Old 12-11-2007, 06:54 PM
turbolou
Instructor

Default Reply

Originally Posted by FlyYellow
i seem to agree with you on the intake. It is possible the EVO produces better results, i found a test done by PorschePhD on 6speed who believes the intake is better and his publications were pretty good. It seems to me that the likely answer is the EVO intake is better but the reason the factory may not have gone with such a design is precisely because of the MAFs....

On the exhaust, i think there are more gains to be had. I have a europipe s2 quiet on my car and i've tried various exhausts. I can certainly tell a difference. Here the factory has many constraints put on it (i.e. smog, sound levels...) so i can certainly see why some of the aftermarket exhausts may create a benefit (especially in a turbo!). Some of the exhausts also eliminate significant weight (in the back of the car where it really counts)...
Check this out. A good thread on exhaust systems ( Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III - ) 6speedonline.com Forums

Quick Reply: MAF saga!