DGI Industries Exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DGI Industries Exhaust installed

OK the exhaust is on my car - thank you John!

Background: I have a fabspeed 2nd gen exhaust that i replaced with this exhaust.

Here is my feedback on the exhaust:

Sound: perfect sound! Nice and quite at idle and when not on the gas. When on the gas it’s nice and loud but not obnoxious. NO DRONE whatsoever! It’s a perfect 10.

Power: The power build is slower than my previous exhaust (Fabspeed 2nd gen). my car is a stage II GIAC car and with the previous exhaust it would build boost up to 1.1 bar very quickly. This exhaust builds boost a bit slower stays at 1.0 bar for a while and then finally gets up to 1.1 bar. On the previous exhaust I never could see 1.0 bar as it just gets up to 1.1 bar very quickly. This could be because of the 70mm rather than the 60mm piping it also could be due to the 200cell cats vs. 100cell cats fabspeed uses. I also noticed the car runs ever so slightly warmer on the DGI exhaust (just a bit over the 180 mark and before it ran at the 180 mark).

Finish/Quality: Excellent quality & finish: Tips look very nice!

Fit: for the most part very very nice. A small nit is that the passenger side sits lower than the driver’s side by about ¾ inch.

Overall: I would highly recommend the DGI exhaust product. The fabspeed drone is a killer to me. I think I’d rather have a 100 cell cat on the DGI exhaust to let it flow a bit free'er.

Customer Support: I would highly recommend John. He is a very nice guy & takes care of his customers!

Hope that helps others as they evaluate this exhaust...

Alex from Sharkewerks installed the exhaust. He can add his thoughts as well. Thanks Alex!

Cheers,

Boris
Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 11 Posts

Have the Fabspeed on at the moment, and must admit that the resonance really gets to me. Will check this exhaust out. If the power really is affected though, is there a major reason you did no decide to just go back to stock.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 68 Posts

I recommend checking it out. I noticed no power loss in mine at all... My car is pushing 510WHP w/UMW GT! turbos, GT2 Intercoolers, Upsolute tuning and bailey DVs, so maybe it's taking advantage of the larger diameter pipes...

It's maybe a very slight bit slower building boost, but I don't think it's even that... the car is as fast or faster, and by far more enjoyable since I installed mine about 3 weeks ago.

Hands down this is the best bang for the buck system I've tested, and this is system number three for me... I had the Fabspeed Gen2 and the drone made it a quick decision on which car we'd never take on a trip, long or short! Now, I drive it everywhere, get ZERO droning, ZERO buzzing of interior panels, and a tone that is perfect. At 65-75 mph it is absolutely a JOY and you don't get a headache.

Buy it, and you will NOT be disappointed.
Mike

Quick Reply: DGI Industries Exhaust installed