Sponsored by:

Inspecting a car at Auction???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Chuck

I agree. The "Cosmetic" mods and small power upgrades are my speed.

Here is what it looked like.
Attached Images   
Old 10-20-2007, 02:14 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I still think that would have been a decent deal Tim, like I said, the 996TT is pretty indestructable unless the mods are rediculous. GL with the search. You can use the 'antimod argument' to your advantage and dicker some of these guys down, afterall, who wants a modded car
Old 10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah mods SUX hahahahaha
Old 10-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree....after all, who wants a tastefully painted and applied aero kit, RSS plenum, PSS9's, bitchin' looking wheels, short shifter kit and all those rediculous mods that someone spent thousands of dollars on? It's just ludicrous to have to accept a car with such unnecessary frivilous items that cost so much.....

Take a look at the signature blocks on some of the Rennlist posters and see what they've got insofar as personalized mods are concerned. These are not cheap aftermarket doo-dads, but .....in many cases, very tasteful additions. To arbitrarily classify a car as unacceptable based upon the additon of certain aftermarket mods is....(in my personal opinion) to overlook some really nice additons at the previous owners expense. I would agree that the presence of certain mods like 5 point harnesses, some of the suspension mods etc....are preliminary indicators of track time and potential (**note the word potential) abuse or unnecessary strain on an engine. I would, by the very nature of those sorts of mods, tend to shy away from them.

Quick Reply: Inspecting a car at Auction???