Sponsored by:

Got my NEW SPI EXHAUST with pix

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM
evo911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my NEW SPI EXHAUST with pix

So I had just got this car a few months ago and it came with the Ruf exhaust. It was to quiet, looked like a stock muffler hacked up. Well i just hated it. So I went to Switzer Performance Innovation and just got this new system on and I love it! I picked the Catless version with the manifolds. The welds were flawlessly perfect, the quality of the whole kit overall is amazing. The sound is right where i want it, not annoying when I'm just cruising around but when you crack it, it comes alive... So loud and i shoot fireballs now . A couple of performance gains i noticed without dynoing it yet. The gains I noticed were, before i would peak .9 bar on the 9ff reflash the car came with from the previous owner, now it is peaking at 1 bar. Also overall acceleration feels and pulls way harder than before. 3rd gear and up spool up sooner now, like i would get full boost alot sooner. It just feels like it can breath now.. Here are some pics of the install!

Video pending... real soon...

Old 09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
evo911
Advanced

Tym Switzer has a deal on the system, its $4600 for the exhaust and that comes with $800 tips free as a promotion. Then he gave me the manifolds for $2000 because i bought the exhaust along with the headers, They usually run $2500 i believe. So overall i saved $1300 buying it all together. And trust me it is worth it. I could not believe how nice this system is. You can get it catless or with cats. I had mine both ways and i preffer catless.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:47 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

The only thing that I do not like is that the new tips sits to low in the bumper recess openings. Can the tips be adjusted and be placed higher...If you like the system that is what counts.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:05 AM
evo911
Advanced

yes you can, its just an adjustment on the muffler brackets.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:11 PM
rocketrider2
Racer

This kit looks a lot like the Maxspeed exhaust, except the Maxspeed kit is $2500 and that includes the headers, 200 cell cats and exhaust tip. The diameter is 70mm compared to 62.5mm of most others. Is the SPI 70mm also?
Anyone have experience with the Maxspeed exhaust
Old 10-07-2007, 11:23 AM
C DeVito
Racer

I've looked at the Maxspeed listed on E-bay and it differs in one significant way. It is separate left and right systems with no balance pipe, essentially making the car sound like a twin 3 cylinder car instead of a 6. I'm assuming there is an internal connection between the sides of this muffler but we would need a good sound clip to verify that. Maxspeed also admits to some drone in the e-bay listing. That's a non-starter for me. Does this have ANY drone?

Quick Reply: Got my NEW SPI EXHAUST with pix