Questions regarding TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
lost it
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding TT

HI
Well im thinking (read will) of moving up from my 996 to a 996 tt and i have 2 simple questions
you can of course answer un asked questions and offer advice (All welcome).
Car is being bought from porsche with a warranty.
1: Tiptronic any real issues with it if i track occasionly (prob about 6 time a year)
2: Is there a simple test to tell me if its fitted with the genuine TT wheels, as i have my doubts about the ones fitted, even if he does say assure me thier genuine.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

1. Tip for the track is not an issue... there have been a few articles in Excellence magazine on this.. but you will get a lot of replies suggesting you go with a manual...

2. Rubber vs Metal valve stems. Hollow wheels have metal valve stems... also in the 996 TT, there are ridges present on the solid spoke wheel, while the hollow spoke is smooth on the backside of the spokes.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 300 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by lost it
HI
Well im thinking (read will) of moving up from my 996 to a 996 tt and i have 2 simple questions
you can of course answer un asked questions and offer advice (All welcome).
Car is being bought from porsche with a warranty.
1: Tiptronic any real issues with it if i track occasionly (prob about 6 time a year)
2: Is there a simple test to tell me if its fitted with the genuine TT wheels, as i have my doubts about the ones fitted, even if he does say assure me thier genuine.
Hey Lost it?

I went from a 996 to a 996 TT and have to say that the turbo in manual is such a rewarding car to drive.

I actually considered buying a Tip as the dealers just about give them away as no one buys them!!

My Suggestion is to Drive a Tip and them a manual and then make a decision.

Prior to my purchase I tried a 996 GT3, a 996 GT3 RS and a 997S and the Turbo was the best all rounder.

By the way?? What did you lose??
Old 08-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems with tip on the track (or auto-x) - I'm having a blast with mine. Makes it real easy to keep the boost up.

Quick Reply: Questions regarding TT