Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Maxflo Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 AM
usarugger
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed Maxflo Sport Exhaust

Ok, I know this topic gets hammered over and over, but what really is the best exhaust? I'm very much considering a Maxflo Sport Exhaust, but I would really like to get others' opinions. I don't want REALLY loud, just better sound with more power. It seems that all manufacturers promise this. What to do??
Old 07-31-2007, 09:50 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

FS 3rd generation is very good.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:29 AM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by usarugger
Ok, I know this topic gets hammered over and over, but what really is the best exhaust? I'm very much considering a Maxflo Sport Exhaust, but I would really like to get others' opinions. I don't want REALLY loud, just better sound with more power. It seems that all manufacturers promise this. What to do??
Refer to some of the posts on this forum. I am new to the TT, but from what I have been able to gather in a short period of time, it looks that the Europipe is pretty good. They have different styles and levels of sound. I put a Fabspeed on my 996 and had to get rid of it in less than two weeks. The drone and resonance was just terrible. I heard, however, that their new version has eliminated that problem, but I dont know.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I watched a buddy's Europipe being installed the other night and I can tell you the fit and finish is absolutely incredible. The welds and construction are more like art work than car parts. The fit is perfect and the exhaust tips are exactly centered in the rear bumper opening. His was a Europipe quiet so the sound is rich but not loud or obnoxious. He said the power came on sooner and better. If I were in the market, I would go with the EP.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM
usarugger
Track Day

Thanks all!
E.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 PM
scotty slc
Track Day

I have a Techart SuperSport FS... Not loud, zero drone, and great performance... Replaced due to turbo upgrade... e-mail me if you would like more info or sound clips.. sta1993@aol.com
Old 08-01-2007, 01:15 AM
markski
Racer

I have a set of maxflo mufflers on my custom exhaust.....
Sure beats $5K for Europipe.... and my performance numbers speak for themselves...
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2007, 01:51 AM
jrok
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markski
I have a set of maxflo mufflers on my custom exhaust.....
Sure beats $5K for Europipe.... and my performance numbers speak for themselves...
markski, That car is just not right, but I wish I could drive it at time trials one day. I hear congratulations are in order for you by the way, congrats.

Anyway, I have three FS exhuasts. right now I'm running the Gen. 1 Supersport and 100C cats. It's not that loud -- to me. The straight pipes are loud to me. It's got a little drone around 2800-ish but I don't drive there. The Gen. 2 does too a little but I don't like it.

My point is this. My loud is not your loud and vice-versa. What person X thinks sounds good, person Y thinks sounds horrible. You really have three factors: power, price, and sound.

Once you get those in the proper order for you, then you can go forward. I'm a track guy, so go fast comes first, then cost, because I buy a lot of tires and then sound. My mom thinks my car is loud but my dad and my little sister like it. I deal with it because of 1 and 2. What I want is the sound of a Tubi, with the power and price of the FS, with the driveability of the EP.

Try to go to the track or porsche club meeting and listen to as many as you can, then do the price thing and decide. Don't be in a hurry and make a mistake. We can't tell you what you like, but some will try.

Last edited by jrok; 08-01-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:51 AM
clt8981
Track Day

My friends had FS exhausts on their 06 C4S's, one was a cab. They sounded very good, I'm assuming it would sound just as good on a 996 turbo...

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Maxflo Sport Exhaust