Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone want to trade for my M3??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Anyone want to trade for my M3??

Ok, I know it is a LOOOOONG shot but hey............

I am really missing my PCar

Lets talk realistic numbers for my car plus cash

2002 BMW M3
Oxford Green/Black
6 speed
Aluminum trim
XM Radio
Parking sensors
Xenons
Alarm
Bluetooth
Only 28k miles
BMW CPO for another year

Full Borla cat back exhaust
19in CSL Reps with Michelins
HR Springs
SSK
KN Intake

Am looking for a 01 or 02 will take a few more miles. I have been looking at ones from 55k to 60k (price wise). Prefer dark colors and no tan interior. Mods are cool

Ok, quit laughing........................
Attached Images       
Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tim,

Your car is beautiful and if I had the room for another I'd go for it. But trade? No way

Good Luck. Would like to see you back in P-car world....

BTW - Need to clean that air filter
Old 05-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Yeah I know.

It is a lesser car...it can sit outside
Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Care to share your take on the M3?

I see a cab M3 every now and then when taking my son to school... looks nice, sounds good. Looks like it has better access to the rear seat for the children... rear wheel drive, etc.

Outside of the initial problems with the rods (or oil issues), what is it like to live with one??

And, no. Not looking to trade... but there is always room for one more car... and prices on those are coming down to the point where, for the money, the look like great buys for us, car nuts.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Matyoka
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like we are in the same boat. Just moved to Montana from Jersey and brought my M3 with me, which don't get me wrong turn heads arround here. I have the CSL stuff on it with the Amuse Powerhouse Titanium exhaust. Took the car up to the Rockies and it was screaming like an F1 between the mountains... but, it is not my dreamcar. It served me well and it will serve someone better. I am looking for an 02 996TT. There are hundreds of 02 996TT's on the internet. Some people ask prices that are out of whack, some don't. I will hopefully find the right one by mid June.

Wachuko: those "initial problems" are not an issue with M3s anymore. All the affected 2001-2003 M3s were recalled and problems were rectified. Also due to the rod-bearing issue, M3s have 6 year 100k miles warranty on the engine, which is great. The one I have is an SMG and I love it. I would never buy a stick in the US and not because I am not good at it(grew up in Europe) but because there are days when I simply want to enjoy an F1 "alike" drive. Have not had any problems with the SMG and most people I know love the transmission and it's maintenance free. I wish I could have both, like some people here, but if I have to chose between the 2, I would have to decide with the 996TT.
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Matyoka
...The one I have is an SMG and I love it. I would never buy a stick in the US and not because I am not good at it(grew up in Europe) but because there are days when I simply want to enjoy an F1 "alike" drive. Have not had any problems with the SMG and most people I know love the transmission and it's maintenance free. I wish I could have both, like some people here, but if I have to chose between the 2, I would have to decide with the 996TT.
I like the manual shifting cars... part of the whole experience/pleasure of driving, in my case at least. I always worry that I would get tired of an assisted tranny.

Good to hear that it has been trouble free. That was another one of my worries. Clutch reliability with the SMGs. Cool.

Maybe I can convince my wife of letting me get a covertible M3... hehehehehehehe
Old 05-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Well, the M3 is a fun car. This is my 3rd one. It is snappy and handles great. BUT it does not have the soul (to me) of the PCar. It is great getting around town and tearing it up on the twisties.

It has a pleasing look but not the great look of the 996TT. If you can afford it get one. It is fun to have. I cannot have a TT in addition to the M3.

Does that help?

Oh, BTW the Vert version is really nice. I could handle one of those
Old 05-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Jon Elliott
Advanced

Tim, nice car.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:58 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:36 AM
GoneWTW
Intermediate

Tim...have you seen all of the TT's available in the Denver area and ruled each of them out? There are about 5 or 6 that I know about in the area...if you need any help identifying available cars in the area PM me and I will try to help out.

LOL on finding the right TT.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Would love to find one locally but 99% of them here are overpriced and they offer so below trade in values it makes me laugh. Eurosport - High price and no trade values. Dealers.....yeah right. Autosport - Maybe but not likely to get one.

I kow of 5 in Denver to and they are more $$ than I want to spend.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim,

There was one 02 TT in Ft.Collins I wanted to see at Ed Carroll, only 16k on the clock, few updates and CPO for $68K. Don't know if it sold or not.

Porsche of Boulder has an 02, body looks very clean but almost 40k on the clock.....
The GM told me they are having it CPO'd, didn't drive it but I think they would let it go for a reasonable price, it's black though.

Good luck and beautiful M3 you have there!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:41 PM
GoneWTW
Intermediate

Tim...will keep my eye out for price and car locally...I know what you mean about exorbitant pricing but they can be squeezed. I bought my TTS in Virginia....and after shipping and CPO still less than some 04's locally.

LOL and nice Mcar....
Old 05-25-2007, 08:49 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The E46 M3 is a very respectable car... on the street, on the track, etc. Pretty exotic engine really.... VERY high revving. IIRC, 25 meters/second piston speed.... that is F1 territory. It would be great to have an M3 competition SMG as a daily driver and a pcar on the side... someday maybe I will have the $$ for that combination...
Old 05-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

I had an SMG one and the SMG was nice but the novelty wore off after a few months. Can't put a finger on why, but it did. That is why I went with the 6 speed this time.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to trade for my M3??