Sponsored by:

Installing Silicone Boost Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:41 PM
jimmer23
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Installing Silicone Boost Hoses

Is there an existing FAQ for doing this? Doesn't look terribly difficult, but some tips would be helpful. Do I have to remove the rear bumper? Is there anything in particular to keep in mind regarding the clips or the fittment to the turbos (I assume that the ends without the metal coupling is for connection to the turbos)? Would I be well advised to go with T-Bolt clamps or similar for the turbo connections (what's on there now, worm clamps?)?

OT, but while I have it apart would extrude-honing the stock Y-pipe connecting to the throttle body yield any benefits?

Any advice or pics of install would be much appreciated - thanks!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:24 AM
Duane993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extrude honing the Ypipe couldn't hurt but you might as well replace plastic throttle body Tpipe with a high flow model. Performance Products sells one. I haven't replaced the boost hoses yet, but you'll have to get to the intercoolers which means pulling the rear bumper cover. Have someone around to help you, it's not heavy but bulky and easy to scuff the paint. As long as you have the bumper cover off, might as well replace the exhaust and cats.

Quick Reply: Installing Silicone Boost Hoses