Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New interior look (pic) opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007 | 10:20 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Default New interior look (pic) opinions please!

Hi everyone,

In an attempt to re-create some of the aluminum look I liked about my Carrera S I had Eric at Bumperplugs do up some "Alumalook" pieces for me. When I bought the car it already had some aluminum and carbon fiber accents to it, like the shift **** and parking brake handle. So anyway, here's a picture of where it is so far. Something doesn't feel right or finished or I don't know. What I consider options at this point are:
1. take off the air conditioner face, bezel, and the front console surround so only the lower console is in alumalook.
2. see if Eric can do the same treatment to the stereo head unit face. This might complete the picture, I don't know.

Some of you might have some ideas about tearing it all out and going back to stock or changing it all out for carbon fiber. I can't see those as options right now, sorry. Eric, if you see this post I would really like to hear what you think, you've seen more of these jobs than anyone.

By the way, one of my favorite parts of this exercise has been the gauge trim rings and the strips that go along the lower dash.
Thanks much.
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2007 | 12:15 AM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Agreed.... It looks good, but not finished. Not sure what to suggest but I like the looks of the hand brake handle and the gear shift ****. Not so crazy about the spun aluminum look of the A/C bezel and whatnot. Sorry I'm not much help. All just MHO
Old 02-17-2007 | 04:18 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Wow! One response? Who did I **** off?
Old 02-17-2007 | 05:35 PM
TurboMark
Pro

I'm not so wild about the trim pieces around the climate control, the CD holder and the cubby.

For me (my interior is graph. grey though), I went with the painted rear console in AS, Alum cluster rings, Alum pedals, Alum ebrake / shifter and stopped at that.
Old 02-17-2007 | 05:49 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

you didn't **** me off i really like it
Old 02-17-2007 | 06:00 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

I agree, the A/C bezel should be in black. Otherwise it looks good.
Old 02-17-2007 | 06:20 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

looks good to me. Mine has the factory CF shifter and hand break. Is yours also factory?
Old 02-17-2007 | 11:45 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

where is the yellow!!!

Old 02-18-2007 | 08:47 AM
C DeVito
Racer

I think Aluminum lower console would be a great finishing touch. It accentuates the driver/passenger break that starts with the upper console and extends it the length of the cockpit. That's it, the rest is just the right amount of contrast to highlight the interior.

I am on the fence going extreme with aluminum on everything but the buttons (heater grill, cupholder, radio face, cassette holders) because it looks great but it is a lot of work.
Old 02-18-2007 | 09:10 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pongobaz
I agree, the A/C bezel should be in black. Otherwise it looks good.
I agree that the A/C bezel should go back to black. Also I would get a second (upper) cubby shelf (to replace the CD holder) and have Eric paint it to match the lower cubby. More useful than the CD holder anyway. Your pic from above followed by a quick photoshop pic of what I am talking about.
Attached Images   

Last edited by gota911; 02-18-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2007 | 12:01 PM
porschedude996TT
Instructor

I think it looks good, but may the lower console and the gage faces. Maybe the panel around the gages as well.
Old 02-19-2007 | 02:57 AM
FlyingLow
Racer

[QUOTE=tkerrmd]where is the yellow!!!

Tom, you make me crazy when you say things like that. I sold a SY Carrera S to get this car. I love yellow.
Jim, yeah the shifter and brake are factory. They are what inspired me to do this.
Tim, thanks a lot for the ps, that helped.
I'll have to see if I can ps the stereo face silver. The black ac is a possibility though.

Quick Reply: New interior look (pic) opinions please!