Sponsored by:

different center console climate control relocate

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 06:02 PM
jimmer23
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default different center console climate control relocate

Ok, I've already done a search and am not finding an answer to this.

Has anyone tried relocating their climate control to the space where the CD holder is/was (right below the Sat Nav in the uppermost space on the lower console)? Not the lowermost position - my car already came with that done.

I need to do this to make more space to mount my radar/camera detector unit (need to stuff some of it right behind the batwing), and it seems that it just doesn't fit. Is there a different center console part number with slots so this can be done, or do I have to take my Dremel to the whole thing?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The console delete takes that useless bulbus forward console piece away and give you some nice flat carpet area (that does not stick out and hit your knee) where you may want to mount something. You can also just remove that CD holder and install a frame to make whatever you want there (no dremel required)..
Old 02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
LEP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimmer,

I am interested in doing the same thing as you, and I haven't seen a clear-cut answer. I have also used the search function of this site extensively, and have only seen mods that put the climate controls in the lowest shelf area.

I was pointed to the bumperplugs folks, but they appear to have the lowest shelf as the only option...and like you, I want the next spot up!

Have you found an answer or solution to this?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: different center console climate control relocate