Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent jerking?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:27 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back from the dealer. The technicians said they couldn't reproduce the problem and that the car is running "as designed". Interesting, I could still feel the hesitation on the way home. By the way, it's not at any particular rpm, it's anytime I'm cuising at a steady speed. I think I'm going to clean the MAF tomorrow while the shop is putting the short shift kit in. We'll see. I don't even know what the MAF looks like or where it's located. I'll have to see if there's a DIY post around that somewhere. If anybody has a pic of what Bob M described in the above post I'd love to see it.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:58 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Sadly, I just had this same thing happen last night on the way home from work. At about 2-3K RPM, the car would start jerking back and forth. It would still accelerate, but it would do so in a very jerky fashion. I pulled off the freeway and tried to "reset" the system by turning the car off and on. Alas, it didn't fix the problem. However, after about 1 more mile of driving this way, the problem just disappeared. Didn't reappear on either the rest of the way home or the drive in to work this morning. Any other ideas? BTW, I have an '06 C2 with a little over 7K miles.

Flying Low, did you ever discover what the problem was?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:04 PM
JP Schnitzer
Instructor

That sounds like bad plugs. New plugs, a new MAF, and Zero airbox modifications, and I bet the problem goes away.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

but this is a 7K miles stock car!!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

it's probably an ecu adaptation to lower octane crappy fuel. I noticed this in the past when running straight pump gas. The quality of the pump gas was all over the place. I now use 50/50 mixture or straight 100 unleaded octane and no hesitations. try the 50/50 mixture and see, I;m sure that's what causing this.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:28 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Interesting you should mention race gas. Up until today the problem persists. I just put 5 gallons of race gas in a full tank so I'm running about 94.5 octane according to the Rocket mixture table. We'll see if that helps at all. I have already noticed better acceleration with this mixture.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Flyinglow; you must be in Sea Cliff? It looks so from the picture. If so I am right around the corner from you in HB......I've got an '01 996TT.

For my 2 cents; it sounds like MAF, or plugs possibly. With these faults unless the car throws a code the dealer won't see it unless it happens under thier britches while they are driving it.

The varioram does produce a mild jerk (jerk may be too strong a term) in the transition through 3K RPM. But not as violently as you are (apparently)describing. However it SHOULD be perfectly content to roll along at constant throttle without a lot of bucking and shucking.....

Did the dealer hook it up to the code reader?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Garey, just PM'd you. Steve

Quick Reply: Intermittent jerking?