Sponsored by:

Upgrading from TTx50 to GT2 dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 04:41 PM
TTRon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Upgrading from TTx50 to GT2 dilemma

Besides price, is there a big difference in perforemance, handling, braking, etc.... between a '02 TT x50 and a GT2???

My dealer got a '02 GT2 w/2300 miles in that is alleged to be in immaculate condition for $169K. Is this a good price? I've noticed folks on this board saying they got theirs for much less, and brand new!

The only history I can get is that it was from the East Coast, no modifications, though was purchased back from the owner by Porsche Cars of North America!!! According to Porsche, they replaced the sway bar link for $1800.

My wife has given me the green light to purchase a GT2, however I'm very happy with my '02 TT x50. It preformed great at the last DE event and never fails me! It is my daily driver.

Regardless, I have to check into this since since these opportunities don't come along everyday!!

Thanks & appreciate the comments!

Ron
Old 05-10-2003, 05:52 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never drove the X-50, but I did trade in my TT for a GT2. I am very happy with this car, it's more nimble and responsive. But it requires all your attention all the time.

I would want to know more about the buyback, it does not seem to make complete sense. Talk to the owner if you can. If it were me, I would look harder for a car that wasn't the result of a buy back or else I would want a bigger discount for the risk involved. But on second thoughts I just couldn't get comfortable with it.

There are a few cars around, and you could maybe get an 03 for very little more.

I think I know of a few that can be bought at invoice (or slightly less)

Check the threads because there has been a lot of recent discussion.

What kind of trade-in will they give you for the X-50 if it's part of the deal?

Quick Reply: Upgrading from TTx50 to GT2 dilemma