Sponsored by:

Problem with heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 10:29 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Problem with heated seats

I have a problem with my heated seats (factory option)...I tried switching on the driver's side heated seat but instead of the lighting turning on as usual, it just blinks red then dies!! I removed the 'batwing' piece to check for any loose connections but no luck. I also tried the passenger side seat heater and it works fine so I doubr it is a fuse problem.
Any help, suggestions?? Really do not feel like going to dealer as they will probably keep it for a day or two.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts
I'd take it to the dealer. It's not likely the switches or interconnecting wiring.

If you want to try a few things yourself, here is what I'd do. It involves removing the seats. Check the heating elements are plugged in under the seat. The controllers are located underneath the seat. The easiest thing to do is measure the resistance of the heating elements. There is a small harness attached to the controllers. Each element plugs into that harness. You are just looking for an open circuit. The element should read 1-2 ohms. If it reads anything less than 20, I'd consider it OK for now.

If the elements look OK, I'd swap the controllers (driver's for passenger's.) If the problem follows the controller, well there you go. It's $75.

If it doesn't, at this point I'd be back to the dealer.

Pat
Old 07-11-2003, 07:40 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to dealer - again another common problem (like popping out of second). Flashing light means a broken circuit and thus a bad heating element. They need to look at the car (appointment next week) to figure out if it is the seat bottom or back and replace it accordingly...
Thanx for your help - you were spot on.

Quick Reply: Problem with heated seats