European Delivery for Mercedes SL 55, / SL 500

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:31 PM
996 BEAST
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb European Delivery for Mercedes SL 55, / SL 500

Hi everybody.
I need some information on European Delivery for MB sl 55 / Sl 500 to the USA I been calling around MB dealers They are all sold out..Some are asking 20 K over sticker . Any body know about this process? Pros /Cons

Thanks
Old 07-08-2002, 06:32 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by 996 BEAST:
<strong>Hi everybody.
I need some information on European Delivery for MB sl 55 / Sl 500 to the USA I been calling around MB dealers They are all sold out..Some are asking 20 K over sticker . Any body know about this process? Pros /Cons

Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

your best bet would be to place an order. If you place an order you won't (unless the dealers are true crooks) have to pay the 20K+ markups they have going. You will get the car built to your specs but you will have to wait about 6-8 months from what my local mbz dealer told me.

I don't think your best bet is to send it over from europe. It'll end up costing you about the same it would if you bought one here w/ the markup. Best bet would be to wait.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:27 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,
After taking delivery of a Porsche at the factory several years ago (fabulous experience with the Grand Tour) I thought I'd do the same with a MB E55. NOT.

Mercedes Corp. says yes, you can take delivery of an AMG car. The dealers say no way. The high demand cars such as the SL55, SLK32s and most of the newer amg models seem to be too elusive for factory delivery.

I'm sure someone on the board has had a factory delivery of an AMG model, I'd like to know how and what model. If you want a E320 or a C240 noooo problemo.

My dealer, Fletcher Jones is the highest volume dealer in the US (allegedly) and should have the highest allocation. I've purchased enough cars to buy my way to VIP status and can't get an SL for euro delivery. Maybe someone on the board knows the secret handshake.

Quick Reply: European Delivery for Mercedes SL 55, / SL 500