Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROW M030 for 996TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002 | 02:06 PM
Craig S. Couris
Advanced

Post ROW M030 for 996TT

Has anyone installed this setup on a 2001 TT? If so, I would like to know what you think because I'm thinking about doing this.
Old 07-06-2002 | 02:38 PM
Paul S.
Pro

I have it on mine, and to me here's the advantages. First, the US Spec 996 TT (if yours does not have the front bumper warts) is higher in the front than the rear. With ROW M030, it lowers the front where it should be.

I also prefer it since the stock suspension tended to bounce a little too much on pavement transitions. For example, on Texas World Speedway, there's a transition from the oval into the in-field (road course portion) of the track, and with the stock suspension the car bounced some, not at all with ROW. It also seems to have less body roll.

For street use it is a bit firmer than stock but definitely not unpleasant. And I had mine installed at my Porsche dealer--parts and labor including a 4 wheel alignment ran a tad over $2K.

Overall, I like it. If you do serious track driving and want to have a coilover adjustable set up, then H & R is the way to go. Personally that is a bit much for me, as I'm not sure what I would tell the suspension shop to do in terms of set up.
Old 07-06-2002 | 02:46 PM
Craig S. Couris
Advanced

Were the sway bars also replaced? What is in a complete kit?

Quick Reply: ROW M030 for 996TT