Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996TT vs. 996NA, maintenance / reliability / Longevity

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 08:36 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

It wasn't clear from your post how much time you had spent reading and researching, as it wasn't a very specific question, and your user (I'm assuming you found your old account) had just joined. It's exactly the same question that a user who just joined and who hasn't done any research would ask.

I apologize for being rude, but that's why a few of us jumped to that conclusion.

I would say the coolant pipes, and whether to weld/pin them, are the "IMS" of the Turbro world. There are a lot of differing opinions on the subject (varying from don't worry about it, to that you should do it preventatively), and it's not cheap. A lot of TT's also seem to need transmission work, which can get expensive. I'd say those are your 2 main worries, so I'd do some targeted research on those issues if you haven't already.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know this tip: I highly recommend using the Google site search feature ("site:rennlist.com coolant lines" or "site:6speedonline.com transmission rebuild", "site:renntech.org", etc.) instead of using the forum-specific search feature, which usually isn't super helpful.

EDIT: I was responding to the poster above me, who sounded like he was the same user as Baumhaus. Sounds like I jumped to the wrong conclusion and now I'm just confused, but regardless, there ya go.

Last edited by manimal; 07-09-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 996TT vs. 996NA, maintenance / reliability / Longevity